little red laptop computers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KA1BSZ, Jan 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Lenovo make a little laptop about the size of a macbook air and half the cost and it has windows 10 and I have all my digital programs on this little work horse and it performs great!!!! lenovo now makes A 120 and it is small and they are just the ticket for mobile or portable work. I highly recommend them and their cost is low!!!!! I got a lenvov laptop with windows 7 and the WSJT-X does NOT work properly, so I'm going to trade the computer with windows 7 for a new one with windows 10. I have no idea why everyone hates windows 10...I think it's great, it does take awhile to get used to, but it's worth it!!!!!

W8BYH likes this.
  2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it Win Sampler version ?

Max 5 windows open at 1 time.

7 still rocks, And has less overhead than 10.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  3. G0GSR

G0GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

I suppose it depends on just what your expectations from an Operating System are.
    I expect it to work FOR me, not against me and that is why I don't use Win10.
    If I have to constantly fight it in order to do what I need to do, then I'll use something better, whatever it maybe, Windows or anything else.
    Frank.

4. BROJACK

BROJACK QRZ Member

I know Win10 is faster but my Win7 still runs very well so no reason for me to upgrade.

5. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

IF IT STILL WORKS,THEN WHY TRADE?