Listing for a fellow ham friend

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K8JRG, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K8JRG

K8JRG Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently posted an ad for a friend of mine who is a licensed amateur operator who does not have internet access where he lives qrz remove the ad stating that the equipment has to be listed by the owner so I ask how is that different from Joe schmo who's helping Joe Snow's wife so equipment that doesn't belong to him

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hi Richard - I am the moderator who deleted the ad from view.

NONE of the photos have your call sign in them, but rather the call sign of the other party. Call signs are not technically required - but when someone posts a "for sale" ad with a different call sign displayed in all the photos and simply claims he's selling for another person, it raises serious and valid suspicions among potential buyers. The ad was "reported" to moderation for this very reason.

The seller (the KC8 station) is not ID-Verified, so is NOT allowed to sell in the QRZ Swap Meet

Feel free to visit your friend's house, take some photos with your own call sign (just to prove you actually have access to the items), and if you handle the deal 100% as if you are the seller, you'd be fine. YOU would accept the incoming emails, YOU would accept the payment, and YOU would be the one responsible for delivery, that's fine.

But "selling by proxy" by a non-ID Verified seller does not meet the rules that clearly state that ALL sellers must be "ID Verified" - not friends or acquaintances.

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ6KZ, WW2PT, AJ4GQ and 1 other person like this.
  3. K8JRG

So that's what I did. If you'd check the ip address was mine. I've posted from before. As for the callsign. I remember at one point having ads removed because no call was included in the picture , that's besides the point., ,So I guess the people who post my friend is silent key and I'm helping sale their stuff is outside the rule ., So if I understand you it would be better to list an item I don't own with my call sign in the pictures. To help a friend and fellow ham out? I'm just asking

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

No, you're not. You're acting like a spoiled child who is not getting his way. You now know what is required to post an ad, you've received the courtesy of further explanation from a Moderator, and you're still unhappy. Either follow QRZ's rules (which are there for the benefit of the entire ham community) or go post your ad on a different site that doesn't have such high standards. Time to end this nonsense and let it go.

N3AB, KS4W and WR2E like this.
  5. K8JRG

Yep let it go evaded the question . That's how it works throw insults ,, shame on you dude all I did was ask a question ,

6. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

You cannot put up an ad for or on the behalf of another person when a buyer has to contact the other person and actually deal through them and not you.

Usually someone making an ad for a silent key has the gear in their possession and is doing all the work, so to speak. The collecting of payment, shipping etc. Basically taking responsibility and handling the sales. You would be managing all the sales much like as if you owned the gear.

I have sold gear for a friend of mine here but I just list it like it is my gear even though he gets all the money.

W7UUU, KS4W and W3ESE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.