Listen.

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by WB2WIK, Mar 5, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

via the Bureau...:):p

N2AMM likes this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

BURO_AND_PUP_NEW (1).jpg
    ============================================== animated-laughing-image- mouse.gif
    ====================================================73
    =========================== N9HI_Have_a_Nice_Day.gif

3. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I love Q signals and it would be awesome if they were regularly used. Dreaming. Yeah, I hate these folks that draw out what they want to say in cw. Alot can be done with one word and a ??

N8AFT likes this.
  4. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Brian; I always like it when you ask for a repeat of something and you get bk and entire sentance instead of just the name or town etc.
    OH! Almost forgot, they always come back with repeating both callsigns to start off with don't they? hi hi...
    What good is QSK with folks like these?? :p

5. M6GYU

M6GYU Ham Member QRZ Page

Its great to be superior when you are an expert. Are all transmitters and receivers QSK capable?

6. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I almost always call CQ three times, send my call sign twice, then K. Yesterday on 17m when the band was in pretty poor shape, I would all a 4th CQ now and then, and it felt like it was a bit much. I have found that you should make it EASY for someone to answer your call if you want a response.

M6GYU and N8TGQ like this.
  7. M0LEP

M0LEP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm guessing this was rhetorical, but sometimes it's not just a question of whether the rig is QSK-capable, but also whether the operator can handle it. I have rigs with relay switching and rigs with purely electronic switching for QSK. I'll run the latter in full QSK mode, but the former I run with a switching delay, because the clicking of the relay, however quiet, throws my keying to the four winds if they're in full QSK mode. With my old Icom 706MkIIG (which has a relay click so loud that I can hear it even when I have full headphones on) I had the delay set long enough that, unless I left a really long gap, the rig wouldn't drop into receive until I was done.

Aye. Many short CQs seem to me far preferable to one long one, if only for the extra opportunities that they allow for replies.

M6GYU and WD4ELG like this.