ad: elecraft

List Of Scammy Email Addresses?

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KF5FEI, Jan 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if it would be possible for QRZ to maintain an easy-to-get-to list of known scammer email addresses -- might help prevent someone from getting scammed.

W7UUU likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That would be cool! Not sure anyone here has ever compiled a list though....

But many times they're super obvious like: W7UUU_42@yahoo.com or W7UUUseller@gmail.com - stuff like that - none of which matches my QRZ email.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just Google the callsign, name, physical address, and email address and you'll discover an amazing amount of information that will help you determine if you want to do business with that person. The only thing that will prevent someone from being scammed is if they take responsibility for their own actions. Such a list sounds like a great idea, but the same folks that won't check out a potential seller also won't look at such a list, much less know it even exists.

KA2CDT and N9LCD like this.
  4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I started a thread just for that purpose but QRZ deleted it without explanation. Try it. Maybe you'll have better luck.

5. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Michael,
    There is no record here of you trying to start such a thread whether deleted or not.

6. KA2FIR

Maybe my memory is failing me but I could have sworn I did. Would this be something that QRZ would allow?

7. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

If you wish. You will be in charge of this thread which will be moderated.

8. KA2FIR

What would I need to do?

9. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Make sure entries are written so as not to disparage the actual ham - make sure it says a scammer pretending to be... is using email xxx.