List of QRP CW rigs

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by N0FN, Feb 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess all you want, I couldn't care less what an old creep like you thinks about my license class or anything else. Now, I could offer plenty of help if I were so inclined, but Neil doesn't need it, his list is exactly what he wants it to be and it's HIS list. I'm not the guy being a jerk to someone who spent his own time to put together something useful for others in the community he actually seems to enjoy. If you don't like his list, make your own. Instead of complaining and insulting people, why not go do something worthwhile?

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

My impression of you is as someone who has no respect for anothers opinion and experience and you go into pure childish insult mode. Grow up or go away.

IF Neil adopts an addendum I would be very happy to contribute as would many others. It makes more sense....which you apparently lack....to keep it all on one site.

FINI

3. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

My bad. I have to admit, you rarely see then for sale on the used side.

Best of luck with your project.

4. N6MST

Since I am so childish, I double-dog-dare you to find a single insult lobbed at any person in this thread other than me calling you an "old creep" after you attacked me personally. You, on the other hand started slinging insults from just about the moment you showed up. How about we take a look at that, whaddya say?
    Here you are insulting OP

Here you are insulting amateurs who embrace advances in technology while participating in what has been, historically, a very technically advanced hobby.

Here you are personally attacking me, I only assume because I defended OP against your rude comments on issues that HAD ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED EARLIER IN THIS SAME THREAD.

And here you are attacking me again because I didn't kowtow to the all-knowing and ever-wise 2x1 call-holder.

And here you are making sure everyone knows that you are done with this conversation, no doubt your way of letting me and everyone else who views this thread know that YOU are in control and that the thread is done when YOU say it's done.

Well, Carl, good luck. We have all encountered people like you, within the boundaries of this great hobby as well as in other arenas and you have confirmed for us lowly humans what we already knew. You haven't hurt me with your rudeness, you don't have the power to do that. But, since you run the internet, I will wait with bated breath to read your next comment, which I am sure will prove as enlightened as your previous posts.

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I would hope that any intelligent person would consider "old creep" as a pure insult plus anti senior citizen bias. Maybe you dont know what the forum rules are or simply dont care as you consider yourself above them.

Strictly a non insulting critique/observation and Neil hasnt complained at all so why do you keep at it and causing trouble?

Ditto plus the very technical part pertains to the equipment these days and not the majority of owners. Do you challenge that observation?

More of the same nonsense.

Ditto plus where have I touted or even mentioned my 50 year old Extra Class license or my 63 years as a ham and mostly in the RF related industry since 1959 when I joined the USN and became an ET? All you do is try to spin the thread to CYA. It would help if you actually understood what you are talking about.....a pure critique/observation on my part.

YAWN Now you are long past any added contribution to the thread and are simply boring and deeper emotionally troubled. I would hope that Neil is aware that you are at the point of getting the thread locked....is that your ultimate intent? If so just keep it up.

6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Carl,
    I see a reasonable response to your question concerning expanding the QRP database which was as follows:

I can't quite follow your response which was as follows:

N0FN started a database, you've suggested an expansion for vintage rigs. N0FN has offered to help. Who is 180 degrees out? All we need here is a focal point for others to submit data to and the entire Zed forum could submit info. You would think among the hams contributing to this thread that it would be possible....without name calling or bad mouthing modern rigs.

I have the book by Rich Arland, K7SZ ....Low Power Communication, The Art and Science of QRP.
    It has lots of rig suggestions from classic thru the KX3. However, it does not have much of the information that N0FN has layed out in his database. I for one would like to see the database expanded also. Who would like to volunteer for the focal point? I would suggest that N0FN's data base add QRP transceiver models and then have us other Zeddites fill in the info including vintage rig models to be added. That's just my suggestion. Cost for vintage rigs might be difficult to obtain. I'm open minded.

7. N6MST

Like I said, a very enlightened response.

8. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Charlie my reply was to not duplicate QRP equipment lists on multiple web sites as Neil has done a superb job already with the modern gear.
    My 180 degree comment was to his reply:
    I will be the first to admit that I am far from the best to undertake this but I do have an extensive library of real paper ham magazines, Handbooks, catalogs, and more going back to the 20's and can do that part of the research for others to massage into a readable compilation.

Even a single self excited 01A or 45, etc makes for an entirely useable QRP TX along with a SW3, Pilot Wasp or Super Wasp and several others plus a homebrew regen or superhet which are simple to build even for someone without the eyesight and/or steady hand needed for SMD or even an all SS, discrete components, well packed PC board. Consider that any year pre-owned kits and even factory wired gear can need simple to substantial rework

All good suggestions. Vintage costs can reference the original prices, plus specs. Those interested buyers and contributors can research Ebay for closed and open listings, ads right here on the Zed along with Eham and other sites.

Carl

9. G4LJW

G4LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

It sounds like some sort of "wiki" page might be useful, which can be edited by multiple users.

10. N0FN

N0FN Ham Member QRZ Page

I would be happy to collect information from others on QRP rigs that are no longer for sale. The spreadsheet already has a "retired" tab for rigs that I remove from the first sheet. Other older rigs could easily be added there.

I can take suggestions here on this thread, or my email is good on QRZ.

-Neil N0FN