ad: NI4L-2

Linking to home station - mostly VHF/UHF Repeaters - audio and control?

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KC8QVO, Aug 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC8QVO

KC8QVO Ham Member QRZ Page

All,

I am trying to figure out how to set up a way to get a home station linked in to the Internet so I can operate remotely.

My main goal is to have a VHF/UHF mobile radio at the house with the local repeaters programmed in it. Then I want to be able to get audio to/from the radio, PTT control, as well as channel control so I can work the local repeaters while I am on the road.

I am familiar with IRLP and EchoLink. However, I don't know that this is going to work because I need to control the radio not just get audio in/out and PTT control.

I am not necessarily wanting to do HF rig control as I have mobile HF. I just want to be able to get on the local repeaters and keep up with my friends while on the road. The repeaters are analog machines without Echolink and linking them in to DMR, D-Star, Fusion, P25, what have you is not an option, nor is setting them up to have an Echolink node. I need the interface set up at the home QTH.

I have a couple of RigBlasters. If any of them, I'd like to dedicate the RigBlaster Plus to the home station. I have a RigBlaster Blue that I want to keep as a mobile to link in to my bluetooth headset for talking on the radio.

Has anyone gone down this road? Are there any resources that may point me in the right direction for doing this?

2. KC8QVO

KC8QVO Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the radios I have is a TM-V71A kenwood mobile. I have been swapping this between the house and the mobile for some time (it was out of commission for a few years, just recently got it back on the air). I could conceivably use this as the home radio.

There is a "wireless control" method for it, typically for use with compatible Kenwood radios. However, the manual does state that any radio providing DTMF can be used. and the break-down of the DTMF control is in the manual.

This may be one method of the radio control that I am after. What the DTMF break-down shows is the type of control I need. The question is how to do that over the Internet. Or, if there is another way to control the radio through an accessory port that may be better.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You may want to check this out

Asterisk Allstar

http://www.crompton.com/hamradio/BeagleBoneBlackAllstar/

Have Fun.

4. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't believe the TMV71A has anything like CAT control available. So that limits it's remote ability in terms of the Internet. The Echolink function would work for one repeater - WITH PERMISSION you could create an Echolink node using the TMV71A and park it on the repeater of your choice. Then, you could connect to that node via any Echolink method, and you'd be on whatever repeater the V71 is tuned to.

Now, if you had another radio with CAT function, like an FT991A or even much older radios that support VHF/UHF like the IC706 family, and the IC746 you could use Ham Radio Deluxe to remotely control the radio, and use Skype to provide the audio. A friend of mine does this with an old IC746, and he has no problem working our local repeaters when he is over-wintering in Florida.

Another option with a CAT-capable radio would be to become another node in a remote radio sharing system - like RemoteHams.com