ad: chuckmartin

Linked Repeater Systems- How to find?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KD0SVO, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD0SVO

KD0SVO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm interested to know if there is a repeater in the Cedar Rapids, IA area that is linked to one near the Twin Cities (MN). I will be travelling down there several times this summer. What is the best way to search for these? I have not had much luck identifying linked repeaters with online searches (so far). Thanks

2. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It looks like nobody saw your question or nobody had an answer for you.

If you're into DSTAR, there is a DSTAR machine in Cedar Rapids that you should be able to use to link back to the Twin Cities DSTAR repeaters or the Minnesota DSTAR reflector. It looks like the N0CXX repeater and it's both on UHF and VHF.

I don't find any IRLP repeaters near Cedar Rapids - that's a real shame. There is a 145.47 repeater in Iowa City on EchoLink that I suspect you could use.

I'm not aware of any full-time linked systems between the two, but I think one of our locals has used that N0CXX repeater when visiting his family down that way. Here's a listing of linked repeaters in Iowa - not sure it's anywhere close to accurate - http://www.repeaterbook.com/repeate...=19&type=linked#sthash.MdOAFVUf.xM3QulXN.dpbs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.