Line spacing when I edit

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by K5KUA, Jan 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. K5KUA

K5KUA Ham Member QRZ Page

When I am editing my profile and adding text, now the line spacing is double (when I hit enter). If I keep typing, it will wrap and single space ok. How do I get it to single space when I enter. You can see the double spacing on the first 8 lines of my page that I want to be single spaced.

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In most word processing, [ENTER] gives you a paragraph break (with associated spacing between paragraphs). If you want a line break (you want the lines of the paragraph to stay together), use [SHIFT+ENTER]. In this forum, here's how I'd represent the difference, using a bulleted/numbered list:
    1. Some text that is on the first line and is the first item in the list.
    2. Some text that is on the second line and the second item in the list.
      Some text that is on the third line and part of the second item in the list.
    Notice that the 2nd and 3rd lines are part of the same item number... I used [SHIFT+ENTER] between them. Otherwise, it'll only create a new line when the viewer's browser gets to the end of a line:
    1. Some text that is on the first line and is the first item in the list.
    2. Some text that is on the second and third lines and part of the second item in the list. It creates a new line only when the viewer's browser gets to the end of the line. Otherwise, not.
    To force a line break, you don't need to use the list function (it just made my example easy to see). :)

vy 73,
    Bryan WA7PRC

3. K5KUA

K5KUA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Bryan. The [Shift+Enter] did it.

WA7PRC likes this.
  4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

The shift-enter is just what I have been looking for. I hate the defaults in Wordpad. Thanks for the hint.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

WA7PRC likes this.