Light at the end of the tunnel!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by 2E0RLR, Jul 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. 2E0RLR

2E0RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Update! According to Tamitha (Dr T) the suns northern hemisphere is about 3-4 months behind the southern ( the southern is ready to go now!) , so once the northern hemisphere gets its act together we can start to see the SFI ramp up dramatically!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  2. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

And evidence that it will "...its act together" you found where?
    I hope you're right about the dramatically part, but all I've read about the new cycle forecast suggests anything but dramatic.
    Hope is a good thing to have.

3. 2E0RLR

Quoting .. Dr Tamitha Skov Ham Nation

4. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Heres a nice NASA image of what could (?) be region 2769 in the background of 2768 , we might ? get three SC25 regions on the Earth facing disk at the same time , just.Although imo we are still 6 months away from any significant ramp up in propagation Screenshot (32).png

PU2OZT likes this.
  5. 2E0RLR

Heres What Dr Tamitha Skov said on ham nation exactly

look around 1 hour and 8 minutes into the video! The term used was "skyrocket"!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  6. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

The Skov quote is "jump up like a rocket" and later "very, very quickly". Both of those statements are subjective, about the rate of flux change, and not about actual flux levels. I heard nothing about how strong the flux may be, nor how long significantly higher flux may last. Personally, I doubt science has advanced to that point.

If we have little or none of something (such as sunspots), any sudden increase may appear dramatic, but appearances don't directly translate to signal strengths, reliability of any particular propagation path, and many quality QSOs.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020 at 2:43 AM
  7. 2E0RLR

Whatever your view I prefer to be quite optimistic!
    I believe the cycle will be similar to the last one

8. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Weather prognosticators...

PU2OZT likes this.