ad: hrd-2

LID operator defined....

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9BVN, Nov 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, 7040 was the old North America QRP calling freq, at least back to the 1990s, and 7030 the old European. Lately, this has morphed to 7030 everywhere, because of digital encroachment on 7040. This will probably continue to get worse. 40m QRP CW, it seems, needs a new place to go.

WA9SVD and N0NC like this.
  2. KD8OSD

KD8OSD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lemme get my vote in for some crunchy sweet gerkins. mmmmmm

3. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in the day, Riley would have laughed this off and given you two choices: turn your big knob or push your power button to the off position.

KJ3N, WA9SVD and K7JEM like this.
  4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Still waiting for that reference....

W4IOA likes this.
  5. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Most of the Portland Oregon metro high schools had shooting ranges. In Hillsboro our high school p.e. classes had a two week hunter safety and shooting as part of the curriculum. Both boys and girls went. None of those ranges exist today.

W4RAV likes this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Until the parole officer asks for a pee sample.... :oops: :eek:

7. N0NC

N0NC Ham Member QRZ Page

"Ok, 7040 was the old North America QRP calling freq, at least back to the 1990s, and 7030 the old European. Lately, this has morphed to 7030 everywhere, because of digital encroachment on 7040. This will probably continue to get worse. 40m QRP CW, it seems, needs a new place to go."

And because the digital operators either didn't hear the qrp cw, or didn't care, they said " ahh heres a frequency no ones using let set up here". Band plans and gentleman's agreements only work when people pay attention to them.

8. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

I love bread and butter pickles. Back in the olden days my grandmother made them from cucumbers she grew in her garden. The Mt. Olive ones are my go to brand.

N3AWS and W4RAV like this.
  9. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You got that right.

N3AWS likes this.
  10. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

No it doesn't...we already have the entire band....