LID operator defined....

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9BVN, Nov 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Loony in drag.:eek:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They aren't real HAMS so how can they be lids?

3. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

True

4. W4HM

In my high school in central Florida in the early and mid 1970's we had an official designated outdoor cigarette smoking area. At lunch time many smoked marijuana out in the open and the school acted like it wasn't happening.:eek::D

There was allot of tolerance at that time concerning smoking marijuana. When the wind blew from the NE the fragrance wafted all over campus. Firearms were also allowed on campus.

W4IOA likes this.
  5. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Said by someone who thinks "ham" has to be capitalized:rolleyes:.

K1OIK and WW2PT like this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Again I remind you that your sarcasm meter is not working.

7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Which OM touched you on the frequency?

KJ3N, WZ7U and K7JEM like this.
  8. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

They couldn't touch me...they were too busy warbling and not listening to anything. Probably some Baofeng toting digital lid.

9. W4HM

I remember when being called a LID really meant something that got someone's attention. Back in the day when most hams obeyed the rules and were courteous on the air, to be called a LID would stop one from acting like one. This was back when self policing worked pretty well.

WA5VGO likes this.
  10. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Now everyone thinks they are owed something. Or that their needs for spectrum use, over ride everyone else's right for spectrum use. The OM would be very upset to know that I can key up any mode I like on 7.030, because in Australia, as it is in much of the world, I can use whatever mode i like anywhere from 7.000 to 7.300. There are no segments, no portions, and all license classes can use the whole band. SSB on 7.030 tonight anyone? Listen. Nothing heard. Is this frequency in use? Nothing heard. CQ CQ CQ....

Post on QRZ. OM TOUCHED ME ON THE FREQUENCY.

KJ3N, N0TZU, KD8OSD and 1 other person like this.