Licensing Question

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio License Test Schedules' started by K8CMW, Jul 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K8CMW

    K8CMW Ham Member QRZ Page

    I will be trying to obtain an General Radio-Telephone Operating License. I have both a Marine VHF and GMDSS commercial licenses already. (Elements 1 and 7). I also have a General class HAM license. (Element 3). The GROL license requires element 1&3, which I have from the previously mentioned licenses. Can I just apply for the GROL and get credit for the Elements I already have passed, or will I need to redo those Elements to get a GROL? Thanks in advance.

  2. K7JEM

    K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

    No, your ham license doesn't count toward any commercial license, you still need to take element 3 of the commercial exam, which is totally different than element 3 of the amateur exam. Also, "ham" is never written in all caps, as it is not an acronym, it's just a word.

    Good luck in your studies for the GROL.

Share This Page