Licensing issue

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W3RMX, May 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W3RMX

W3RMX Ham Member QRZ Page

I passed my Technician license test last week. There were 4 other people that tested with me and all of their licenses posted to the ULS on Monday with sequential file numbers. Thinking that there is obviously a problem with my paperwork but I am not exactly sure how to address it to get things moving. I did email the VE but he didn’t have any information. Super disappointed and crushed to be left behind since I was so excited about it. Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. EB1BSV

EB1BSV Volunteer / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hello RAYMAFFIT,

Congrats for your license :D

Do you know your call? USA calls are automatically added to the database from the FCC, but this usually takes around 5 working days ( once your call appear in the FCC).

Please, provide your call and I will let you know when it is added.

73, Julio

3. W3RMX

It’s my technician license so I don’t have a call yet. Looks like my form 605 was kicked out of the batch when it was filed but I have no idea what to do now. Do I need to call the VE who did it and fill out another one, call the VEC, call the FCC, etc... I have no idea what my next move should be.

4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

you don't have to answer here on the forum but,................... have you ever been convicted or plead guilty to a felony?

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like in your first post you already contacted the VE? and no help there?

I don't think the FCC will be of much help. If they didn't get the paperwork, they won't be able to do anything at all.

If the VE can't help, maybe go next step over his head?

6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

If this happens at the FCC level, it is not unusual. Something in the application probably triggered a more thorough review. Perhaps your name is the same or similar to someone who owes the federal government money. It will usually get cleared up in a day or two, perhaps up to a week.

How did you find out your form was "kicked out"?

7. W3RMX

The VEC just pushed it through. It was a hiccup with the new application not jiving with my GMRS license.