ad: HamInsurance-1

Licensing for non-residents anywhere?

Discussion in 'Becoming a Ham - Q&A' started by HAJO, Feb 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. HAJO

    HAJO QRZ Member

    Heya hams!

    I know this sounds weird, hear me out please...

    Is there a country on this globe which allows licensing of non-residents, through an English-speaking online exam?

    Why? I'm currently living in Taiwan where the written test is entirely in Chinese; the language, the characters - even the SI units got translated (and I always thought only descendents of the Crown would do such a thing ;-) ). So I'd have to learn the (technical part of) the Chinese language and alphabet to have any chance of even studying for the exam. That's too much... My home country expects me to be a resident in order to take the exam; I'm a national but not a resident there :-(

    So I was thinking that if there was a place on this globe that does English exams and allows me to partake even if I don't reside there, then I could at least look into reciprocal or visiting licenses; I'd really like to venture into DMR, probably with Brandmeister.

    73, Hajo

Share This Page