license date

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by N9GNE, Jan 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N9GNE

N9GNE Ham Member QRZ Page

How do I find when my license was first issued?
    I think it was be for the 1987 cutoff to up grade to genera.

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Out of curiosity I did a little bit of circumstantial evidence research. The exact cutoff date for grandfather credit is March 21, 1987. The first day of Spring 1987.

With N9GNE being a Sequential call, I looked at the Sequential calls issued before and after N9GNE. My conclusion was that you had probably just missed that cutoff date. I welcome others to take a look to see if you reach the same conclusion.

Then I though it wouldn't hurt to do a Google search for 1987 Callbook information. I had no idea this was offered online by QRZ: https://www.qrz.com/db1993/?callsign=N9GNE

It seems to support my conclusion, and indicates an Effective Date of 19 May 1987. If that is correct, you missed the deadline by less than two months. As we approach the 30th anniversary of that cutoff date, you appear to be one of the earliest hams negatively affected by this cutoff. With 30 years experience, perhaps a little study time will now help you get that upgrade by way of the General exam. Good luck.

Glenn AB3TQ

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    N0IU likes this.
  3. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Great link to the QRZ archives. Thank you!