licence upgrade

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KJ4OBG, Feb 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KJ4OBG

    KJ4OBG Ham Member QRZ Page

    I want to take the test for extra class exam, but the check list include CSCE copy, realy some body can tell me what mean this letter? thanks 73
  2. AG6QR

    AG6QR Subscriber QRZ Page

    CSCE means Certificate of Succesful Completion of Exam. It is the paper you get when you leave an exam session that proves you passed the exam. If you passed an exam and didn't get a license yet, you need the CSCE to prove you passed the exam. Most people don't need a CSCE, because their license is proof of the exams they have passed.
    KJ4OBG likes this.
  3. K7MEM

    K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

    AG6QR is correct. If you have a copy of your current license, you don't need the CSCEs from your prior Technician/General class written tests.

    Prior to the elimination of Morse testing, the CSCE served as a way of keeping track of which tests you have passed. For example, you may have taken the the Extra written test, but failed the Morse 20 WPM test. Your CSCEs would reflect the fact that you already passed the written test, so that when you return, you don't have to take it again. You only need to pass the Morse test to make Extra.

    I don't know how the current CSCE are, but the ones that I received were only good for a year. After a year, if you went to complete the testing for Extra (as in the example), you would have to take both written and Morse tests again.
    KJ4OBG likes this.
  4. KU4X

    KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

    @K7MEM: Current CSCE are good for one year.

    @KJ4OBG: You will not need to provide a CSCE as you currently hold a General license.

    KJ4OBG likes this.
  5. KJ4OBG

    KJ4OBG Ham Member QRZ Page

    thanks everyone,

Share This Page

ad: elecraft