ad: Mircules-1

Letting go....I'm having trouble deciding to change my call from 2x3 to 1x3.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N4WCC, Jun 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I had my old call, KA5GEX, from 1978 through 2018. The GEX rolled off the paddles nicely, but I started chasing DX and wanted a call with a smaller CW weight and something that rolled off the paddles well. My current call was the one I won on my fifth application.

The old call was nice, but it didn't take me long to let it go.

N4WCC and KO4ESA like this.
  2. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm on my 6th (and last) callsign. Novice call got changed automatically when I upgraded to General. I had the call for 25 years. When I upgraded to Advanced I decided to change it. When I upgraded to Extra and was eligible for a 1 X 2 I jumped at the opportunity. When we moved from 6 to 7 land, knowing I would never return to live in 6 land, all that was available was a 2 X 1 so I got it. When my current call sign became available I went for it. At the time I was a monthly columnist for WorldRadio magazine so N7 World Radio (though I don't use those phonetics) was a no brainer

N4WCC likes this.
  3. N8CO

N8CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Total noob here...I got my Tech last Oct. General in Dec. and Extra in March. I wanted to get the tests over so I could begin the real education on armature radio. I really didn't have my 2x3 long enough to get real attached to it.

W3KW likes this.
  4. N4WCC

N4WCC Ham Member QRZ Page

WOO HOO. I got an email yesterday from the FCC. I have been granted "N4WCC", although it's not updated on QRZ yet. Thanks guys for all the help. I greatly appreciate it.

W5BIB, WA1GXC, WZ7U and 2 others like this.
  5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats!

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to get a "heavier" call. That way, when I'm in a pile up, I'm still sending my call and being heard by the DX when everyone else has stopped.

KO4PYL and N4WCC like this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL!

9. KO4PYL

KO4PYL Ham Member QRZ Page

10. G0TNU

G0TNU Ham Member QRZ Page

In the uk we suffer an organisation called OFCOM.
    According to them if a station wants to change its call, It is not allowed unless you upgrade your license or it is exceptional circumstances.

You can now pick a callsign but when i was licensed you got what you were given.

The only option is to surrender your license & wait for 2 years.

After 2 years you can apply for a new call as a returner.

They will try to issue your old call back if your not careful!