Let's learn about Spectrum Analyzers together

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Sep 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5AOS

W5AOS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice video. I looked into one of these a few months back but didn't go for it for some reason. After watching your video, I made the purchase from R&L. I will mostly use for FS testing. Yeah, sure, it's not professional equipment, but that is why it is called AMATUER radio, right. If your filthy rich and want to pay bookoo for something you don't really need go for it. This will fill the gap in my equipment line-up just fine.

M1WML likes this.
  2. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

M1WML likes this.
  3. G6YZC

G6YZC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

M7BLC Been looking at the NanoVNA but have no clue how to use it . As long as it is not too involved this could decide me to take the plunge and buy one.
    I use the NanoVNA-F with NanoSaver as the computer interface.
    Rule #1 of using a NanoVNA or TinySA. DO not try to use the little touch screen display. Hook it up to your USB port.
    There is no reason whatsoever to use the touchscreen. M7BLC this is the screen for a NanoVNA Lots more options in "Display Settings" but these are what I needed for measuring a filter.
    222 filter 200 to 240.PNG

M1WML and M7BLC like this.
  4. NL7QY

NL7QY Ham Member QRZ Page

These are a great little device. The signal generator alone is worth the price tag. One of these, a few attenuators and a nanovna make a good little electronics lab.

M1WML likes this.
  5. HA3FLT

HA3FLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Concerning the USB and the noise floor, it is worth to watch this video:

It would be interesting to see how much some clip-on ferrit rings would help...

G6YZC likes this.