ad: Alphaant-1

Let\'s give others a chance to contact the ISS

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, May 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

KC2HOQ writes "Yesterday, May 3, 2001, I had the opportunity to hear Susan Helms on the International Space Station. She was acknowledging hams that were contacting here aboard the Space Station. I tried calling the ISS six times but could not get through.

She mentioned to several of the hams that she'd talked with them before and in one case it was his third time he'd contacted the Space Station.
    It would seem courteous that if you'd made contact with the ISS in the past few days, or weeks, that you'd give others a chance to contact and QSL the Space Station. The ISS is only overhead a limited amount of minutes per day and are not always "on the air". I've listened for a couple of weeks when they were scheduled to be overhead and have only heard them twice on FM. Mostly I've heard packet on this frequency.
    It would be appreciated that those who've made contract with the ISS refrain from further bottlenecking the one frequency and giving those who'd like to make their "first contact" to do so."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.