ad: M2Ant-1

Let\'s Clean It Up!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

KC2HZW, Richard writes "I spend a lot of time on 10 Meters and cannot believe how some folks operate. The first problem is, people don't listen. If there is a pile up, call once and listen for a reply. Don't keep screaming your call sign over and over.

If the station is calling for area abc don't call if you are from area xyz. He will get to you. My biggest gripe is the constant tuning of linears on the air. Whistling into your mike, holding down the key or hollering testing while you tune on top of other operators is just plain rude. (Isn't that what dummy loads are for?)

Yesterday I heard a station tune up his amp on top of a QRP station trying to work India from the US. Not an easy contact to make under good conditions. The oaf tuned up on top of this fellow then started calling. Of course he made the contact, then proceeded to tell the station in India that he ran out of QSL cards several years ago, doesn't log his contacts, and the point of your contact was what?

Spend the money and buy a good pair of head phones (AND LEARN TO LISTEN) before your waste the money on an amp."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.