ad: Radclub22-1

Les V Mc Calup kc9hls sk since Feb. 28 2009

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KC9GLD, Oct 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC9GLD

KC9GLD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just recently found this out because I work with his daughter Shannon. I found his obituary online, from Bloomington Illinois. Thanks for any help with updates. Harley kc9gld

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

I have Honored your Friend by changing his QRZ page to show he is Silent Key.

Les V. Mc Calip, KC9HLS SK

BLOOMINGTON - Les V. McCalip, 65, of Bloomington, passed away at 1:33 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 28, 2009) in McLean County.

His memorial Mass will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Bloomington, with Monsignor Doug Hennessy officiating. Cremation rites have been accorded. East Lawn Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. A private inurnment will be at East Lawn Memorial Gardens at a later date.

Memorials may be made to Central Catholic High School in Bloomington or the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (www.cff.org).

He was born March 8, 1943, in Woodlake, Calif., son of Howard and Imogene Tucker McCalip. He married Denice M. Beskow on June 14, 1968, in Tacoma, Wash.

Surviving is his wife of Bloomington; one son, Patrick (Kimberly) McCalip, Rantoul; one daughter, Shannon McCalip, Indianapolis, Ind.; and two granddaughters, Kira and Jesse McCalip. Also surviving are two brothers, Dean (Carol) McCalip and Virgil (Donna) McCalip, both of Vancouver, Wash.

He is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, where he served four years, stationed two years in Sasebo, Japan.

Les was the owner and operator of LM Radon Testing in Bloomington since 1997. Previously he worked as a quality control inspector for nuclear power plants all over the country for more than 20 years.

He was a member of AARST (American Association of Radon Scientific Technicians) for 12 years and a member of the McLean County Radon Task Force.-;

Les enjoyed traveling with his wife, operating his HAM radio and metal detector and collecting transportation tokens.

Online condolences may be submitted to www.mem.com .

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_f7a97c90-75f3-5343-bebd-7a2a99d991db.html