Legal obstacle removed to open Titanic, retrieve Marconi radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, May 20, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if the lucky new owner will bring it up with a variable power source or just plug it in and look for smoke?

N2EY and WN1MB like this.
  2. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

We recovered the Hunley, why not the Titanic?

KM1H likes this.
  3. GI0VAB

GI0VAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I overlook its birthplace here in Belfast Please let it rest in peace GI0VAB

KD0WGB and G7NFP like this.
  4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I wont resort to anything negative as I wouldnt do that to another RAL-7 owner. And also a RAK-7 plus RBB and RBC, all of which often get used along with other vintage gear.

Carl

5. G7NFP

G7NFP Ham Member QRZ Page

And just who started the personal insults. If you disagree with someone simply say so.

Something wrong with you without a doubt

6. EA1DDO

EA1DDO Ham Member QRZ Page

G7NFP likes this.
  7. N3PZZ

N3PZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I am aware of other deaths on ships that went down.
    However, it seems to me that we are going over board, no pun intended, to gain financially on the death of those passenger's.
    When does it end? Hasn't enough been looted already?
    Knowing human nature the way I do, I already answered that question..
    I still say, let the dead rest in peace.. And forgot to mention.. I had a relative lost on that ship. So yes, it's personal.
    73 to all.
    end of transmission.........

WN1MB, WA2LXB, WA5VGO and 1 other person like this.
  8. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You should take time and visit the Shipwreck museum. It is a shrine to the lives lost among others to the Fitzgerald. Many other maritime lives were lost at the Great Lakes and its a memorial to all. I too share your grief having a relative lost at sea. I am proud of the display presented by the memorial. 73 Rich

N3PZZ likes this.
  9. WB2BMC

WB2BMC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to know the title of the book and author of the book who wrote about the sinking of the Titanic. Was he the one who claims that the Amateur Radio operators caused the sinking of the ship?????Iknow that the SOS was heard by a radio operator who evenually created Radio Corporation of America..His name was David Sarnoff,

10. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page