ad: Mountaingoat-1

Legal obstacle removed to open Titanic, retrieve Marconi radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, May 20, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Interesting stuff for sure but I'm also pretty sure this isn't the thread to "go down that rabbit hole" ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and N8ZI like this.
  2. ZL1FTH

ZL1FTH Ham Member QRZ Page

The Magnetic detector used by Marconi receivers at that time was invented by Ernest Rutherford.

PY2NEA and N8ZI like this.
  3. G7NFP

G7NFP Ham Member QRZ Page

So many conspiracy theories have sprung up over the last century.

Many cancelled their trip due to "illness", but were then seen in good health the next day.

The Californian managed to get enough coal during a coal strike. But it's cargo was said to be a few hundred woollen jumpers. No passengers.
    And it stopped for the night a few miles from the sinking & sent a message to Titanic to make captain Smith aware of that. Captain Lord also asked what colour the sockets were (although both movies show "rockets" being launched, Titanic carried no rockets, only sockets).

Yes many theories can be supported, but we will never know for certain if the sinking was about money.

But we are speculating all over again whether the Marconi salvage is about money.

PY2NEA and N8ZI like this.
  4. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do not want to cross the politics line thus violating QRZ policy so I will end it with these facts. Anything more can be shared via email.

In 1898 a man named Morgan Robertson penned a book titled “Wreck of the Titan” about a luxury liner deemed unsinkable that was going too fast in the North Atlantic in April and hit and iceberg killing most everyone on board due to lack of lifeboats. Shortly after the TITANic sank, Morgan Robertson was poisoned to death.

Yes J.P. Morgan did cancel his voyage plans claiming to be sick, yet he was seen numerous times in public with his Mistress the day before and day of the voyage. Witnesses stated J.P. Morgan looked and acted perfectly healthy and did not mention feeling ill.
    Oh how those mistresses can make an old man feel young and chipper again.

PY2NEA and G7NFP like this.
  5. G7NFP

Yes all Titanic fans are aware of that book. Some asked if the author could predict the future. He brushed it off stating that it was simply fiction & he had done much research on ship's prior to writing the book.

But he died 3yrs after Titanic went down from an overdose of Paraldehyde.
    I am (was) a registered nurse & am very familiar with Paraldehyde. We had to draw it up for administration using a "glass" syringe as it would "melt" a plastic syringe.

If he took that drug himself then he could only have done that for one reason as one would get no high from Paraldehyde. That drug was common in the psychiatric field back then.

Must admit. I have read of many conspirtory theories regarding that ship. But never the suggestion that that author had any involvement.
    Perhaps there may be a puff of smoke, but l don't see any fire.

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for that info. Very strong parallel to the Dean Koontz novel The Eyes of Darkness and today's COVID "stuff."

N8ZI likes this.
  7. G7NFP

Since that Judge "deferred" her decision to permit this salvage operation, not a single US media source has reported that.
    The only media source that mentions that deferral is Irish. Why is that?

This was an interesting article
    https://corporatedispatch.com/wreck-of-titanic-was-hit-by-a-submarine-but-kept-secret-by-us/

There exists another Marconi 5kw spark gap transmitter identical to Titanic's set. This one is only 300ft down.
    I have no idea if any more 5kw sets were ever fitted in any other ships. Perhaps someone who has done more research than l can advise.
    But this one "is not" in international waters.

And the identical set to Titanic's can be found here
    https://www.businesstelegraph.co.uk...p-the-britannic-to-divers-for-the-first-time/

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  8. KC2MCY

KC2MCY Ham Member QRZ Page

9. G7NFP

Going....going....... gone

But what is it?

Or rather, what was it?

10. WW2WW

WW2WW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Id love to see it.

11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

What exactly are you showing us?

Do you have a larger image? Or link to the source?

Thanks

Dave
    W7UUU

12. KC2MCY

KC2MCY Ham Member QRZ Page

i google the radio

13. W7UUU

Care to share?

Dave
    W7UUU

14. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

15. G7NFP