ad: Alphaant-1

Left handed straight key...

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by W1BR, Nov 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KB3FEI

KB3FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah , .... doesn't that, then, make it a left-handed straight key? By functional definition?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No. Why?

You can operate a straight key with either hand. Makes utterly no difference.

I'm right handed yet use a J-38 with my left fairly often, so that I can write with my other hand

Then without batting an eye, switch over to my right hand and carry on.

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KB3FEI

KB3FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Too serious for my key.

5. W1BR

How did this drift into a discussion about cows? Udderly confusing.

6. W1BR

BTW, any bug can be used left handed... just use it for repeat DASH generation and use the other side for manual Dits...

7. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

And in the southern hemisphere you push the lever UP to send code

KJ4VTH likes this.
  8. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

It's only the wrong side of the road, if you are driving a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side. It's a real treat shifting gears with your left hand. :rolleyes:

The only problem I had with driving in the UK was, when I returned to the US. When making a turn at an intersection, it was difficult to remember where I was suppose to end up. That took about a week to get over that issue.

I operate my key (actually a keyer) with my right hand, but the key sits on the left side of the desk. When I go to send, I swing my arm over so that it rests on the desk. On the right side is a pad of paper.

9. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha...Ha...Ha :p

10. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Since I am left handed, would driving be easier for me, in the UK, Japan, and other backward (driving) countries /???