Learning CW

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WL7COL, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

:eek::DI can't 'copy' 5wpm !! (puts me right to sleep!!) You can get by, counting 'dits & dahs' up to about 5-10wpm. 15-20wpm, ya need to be hearing letters. 20 & up, ya need to be hearing 'words & phrases'. It'll happen... You'll break thru the point (when sending) of... thinking, an "F"... is dit dit dah dit. You'll start recognizing the sound of the letter, "F" dididadit. It can start out choppy, but before too long (with on-the-air) practice, It'll all start sounding melodic, Instead of 'cut & dried', 'dits & dahs'... Like I say; once ya get ur leg 'twitchin', you'll be well on ur way... :) dit dit

2. KB0TT

KB0TT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonderful

GEE,

I have NOT done everything , I have Not owned every radio since Marconi , I have NOT accrued your wonderful code prowess.
    I do NOT argue with engineers who build / design .

I have NOT accomplished 44K posts . I do NOT live on QRZ .

I will post when I feel necessary . NOT every thread .

Good for you Steve . You have helped thousands of aspiring amateurs in Southern California .

Keep up the good work .

J.

3. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dang...!!! I've never even 'HEARD' E. Timor!!... Oh well...

4. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm the same, I see the spots and never hear anything. Friend here with 3 element yagi says the same. I think there is a HF black hole here in Indianapolis!

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They're on the air right now and will be until Sunday or Monday. Only 7 operators and they can only operate 4 stations at once, so they're usually on where the best propagation for them is at the time. Operation frequencies: http://www.4w6a.com/band-plan.html

They've been pretty easy to work on 12-15-17, a bit more difficult on 10, and pretty good on 20 although I didn't even work them on 20 yet, myself. Hope to shortly. They've made a lot of contacts all over the world on 40 and evidently are doing well on 80 and 160 also. They definitely DO ask for "NA" contacts when they aim this way and know they have propagation...and their ops are very good. When asking for "NA" (North America) if they are called by others, they ignore them and ask "NA only.":eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.