Learn The Bandplan!

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KA7GKN, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K3ROJ

K3ROJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Get an Extra Class License

2. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

These days, a lot of popular logging programs are linked to QRZ or other license databases, so if they type in a call, it returns the license info. So, it's become a lot easier for people to check. Apparently, some people make it their job to check.

3. K2EIT

K2EIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Still ... no answer to my question? Where's the DX Calling Frequencies; I was at W2ZQ's shack while another member of the club (can't remember his call letters off the top of my head, only that he was an officer, and Extra-Class with a 1x2 or 2x1 call: I had only been a ham for a few months at the time) was involved in some sort of contest. He was scanning for a good frequency to call on, and happened to land on the DX Calling Frequency (so I know they're part of the band plan). Looked around, couldn't find any info on it (now that I actually PLAN on using a dx calling frequency, since I plan on working some dx) so I was wondering if anyone knows where these are?

Thanks and 73's
    - N8JDR

4. DV1UBY

DV1UBY Ham Member QRZ Page

5. W6ONV

W6ONV Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KB3GDD

KB3GDD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This was a very sensible and productive comment. A little kindness, please? Not everyone does it on purpose.

7. WZ9O

WZ9O Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve noticed a lot of Techs using SSB on 75m, 40m & 20m as of late.

Also…

Quite a few Techs & Generals in the SSB Advanced & Extra portions of the same bands.

I no longer break in with a friendly reminder….tired of being cussed out.

I just compile a list of calls, time,freq, date audio tape etc…. and forward it to the FCC

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

You never know on an individuals website like this. The ARRL's freq plan also shows by class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.