ad: LZQSLprint-1

Learn Morse Code with VBand

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NJ7V, Nov 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

AB5TY moving BEE.gif SANTA DOING DXING.jpg AB5TY moving BEE.gif

KI4ZUQ, W6DS and NJ7V like this.
  2. NJ7V

NJ7V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W6DS and K1LKP like this.
  3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

EVERYTHING IS COOL..........

YOUR PART OF OUR CLUBS WELCOME WAGON TEAM.

CFO WELCOME WAGON TEAM.jpg

W6DS and NJ7V like this.
  4. K7JJP

K7JJP Ham Member QRZ Page

I glanced at it & am looking forward to jumping in soon as one of my goals is to get back into CW, having been away for several years. Looks cool, thanks!!!

W6DS and NJ7V like this.
  5. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like an awesome product! Well done!

(And thanks very much for keeping the video short and to the point.)

W6DS and NJ7V like this.
  6. KW4WL

KW4WL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What else is cool is if you use the code they have on the about page, and dump into a Digispark Attiny85 microcontroller, then connect your straight key or paddles to pin 0, 2, and ground and bam! You can use your own key with the site. Of if you're not into microcontrollers, you can support them with buying one they have premade and sell. Works great!

W6DS and AJ6KZ like this.
  7. KB4HVO

KB4HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a blue tooth mouse that I installed a Jack into it so I could use my straight key with a code program that I have. Will this work with your code program?

W6DS likes this.
  8. N6BG

N6BG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not sure, but I suspect it will work. You would need to run on Mouse support mode, and use the left and center mouse buttons.

W6DS and NJ7V like this.
  9. M0KLG

M0KLG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent, been learning the Koch method and getting on quite well, but too afraid to go on the air, will deffo check out.

M0KLG

W6DS, NJ7V, AJ6KZ and 1 other person like this.
  10. GM4JPZ

GM4JPZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As a CW freak I find this is mind-blowing. Wish I'd had this when I was making my first, nervous, very shaky CW QSOs years ago. I'm going to spread the word and wish you every success with this. Thanks Charlie and Kyle for making and sharing the video, and Byon and CW partner for the work they've put into the software and website.

W6DS, NJ7V and AJ6KZ like this.
  11. KC3OVA

KC3OVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ohhhh, this looks good for me as a beginner. It fails to make a sound with Safari on my Mac, but has a great tone if I use Chrome as my browser.

W6DS likes this.
  12. KC3OVA

KC3OVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Byon responded to my help note in a matter of minutes...Bravo! Here's the solution for Safari on MacOS:
    macOS now assumes all sites should be displayed with auto-running audio switched off by default.

If you are on the site, go to Safari > Setting for this website and where you see "Auto-play: stop media with sound", click the up/down arrows and select "Allow all auto-play".

Click on the background web page to get rid of the popped out window, and then refresh the page (either go to View > Reload Page, or hit CMD + R, or hit the clockwise arrow in the URL bar at the top of Safari's window).

When the page is reloaded, it should now be happy to auto-play sounds, which is probably what the VBand page is trying to do.

W6DS, NJ7V and AJ6KZ like this.
  13. NG3P

NG3P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a fairly decent system, but if you have your audio running through a mixer like Voicemeeter, the latency makes it practically unusable. I can't get a "3" to work 90% of the time. It either comes across as a "4" or an SK because spurious characters are getting stuffed in there. I've tried adjusting the latency and it helps a little but I can't find the "sweet spot" for it. Of course I'm using my keyboard to enter code, and it has always been an unsatisfactory tool with the way I have things set up. I'm sure it's the Voicemeeter mixer -- the latency is just high enough that I wind up holding the key down too long because I haven't heard enough elements in my headphones.

I'll keep toying with it, but unless I completely rewire my system -- making digital modes difficult, if not impossible -- I doubt I'll use this. I have a perfectly good Morserino that'll even connect to other people on the Internet or to a chatbot. (No one is close enough for the LoRa connectivity so I tend to discount it). I still need practice with copying.

14. W7JET

W7JET Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Charlie will it make my bad CW sound better ?

KK9W likes this.
  15. NJ7V

NJ7V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Brian - I don't think there is any hope for your horrible CW LOL

W7JET likes this.