ad: UR5CDX-1

Ldg z100 plus and yaesu 857d not working

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by M6OTU, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:20 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N7AHE

N7AHE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For the YT100 menu 20 must be set to CAT. Not sure about the Z100.

2. M6OTU

M6OTU Member QRZ Page

Yes the yt is cat controlled. Where the z100 plus connects via the acc jack

N7AHE likes this.
  3. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Also, the atas antennas do not require an additional tuner (like the ldg). If we are unable to answer your question on this site, I will unbox my 857 and power it up in the truck to verify settings.

If your settings are correct on the 857d, a chat with ldg may be in order.

4. M6OTU

M6OTU Member QRZ Page

Everything appears to be correct settings wise. I've checked then checked again done a radio reset then checked again. I mailed ldg earlier and got the basic " never heard of this before" reply. Telling me to send it to the vendor. But.... The tuner works on other radios perfectly fine. And the radio works other tuners fine ( scratching head ) .

It's as if the 857 is transmitting that is confusing the z100 plus and I can't put finger on it.

Cheers for all the suggestions they are all very welcome and proving I am not going insane.

Regards

Rob

5. 2E0WMG

2E0WMG Subscriber QRZ Page

I was thinking along those lines with menu 85 but you beat me to it..

I have used an 857 and other Yaesu radios along with the Z100 (precursor to the z100 plus) for 14 years and have never had this problem.

He could try a full microprossor reset, page 117 of the manual..

6. M6OTU

M6OTU Member QRZ Page

Tried the atas settings guys. No difference. Also full reset on the radio to no avail.

Cheers

7. K3BOA

K3BOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use an FT-857 with an AT1000 ProII while in the shack or a Z-11 ProII while portable, Y-ACC cable with menu settings: #85 off, #20 CAT.

8. M6OTU

M6OTU Member QRZ Page

Yup tried those settings. Going round in circles so seen as the tuner works on other radio's the radio is going back on Monday morning as there is obviously a fault with it. Can't even use the tuner manually without the y-acc cable.

Cheers for the input

9. W5TTW

W5TTW Ham Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry if I missed it, but does your 857 work with any other tuner?