ad: ProAudio-1

LDG 1000ProII Autotuner

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KD1GA, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. KD1GA

KD1GA Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently purchased this tuner and I really like it. Once it has memorized a frequency it tunes pretty fast, although initial tuning is pretty loud. Tunes my off center fed dipole and 160 meter inverted L on all bands. Works well with my 7300 and AL-80B. Initially, I was a bit leery to purchase it, as some folks feel its impossible to use without the (discontinued)remote meter. I didn't find this to be the case; very easy to use once you understand the how the function button works and the LED power and SWR meters are fine. I do use it with a separate in-line analog SWR meter that really is needed for fine tuning. I did speak with LDG and asked why the remote meter was discontinued. They said they are working on a free firmware upgrade and a remote meter jack to USB interface cable to utilize computer based control and metering software. They said it should be released this fall. I need to add Gigaparts offers this tuner for $499.00 with shipping. I called DX engineering and they beat the price....shipped 489.00. You simply can't get a better 1000 watt auto tuner at this price. IMHO.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018