Wanted LCD Display for Icom 756 non pro

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W4TJA, Apr 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W4TJA

W4TJA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, I have an Icom IC756, non pro model, that has really bad lines in the display. I would like to find a usable display to replace mine with. I'll take a used one with less lines than mine. Hopefully 10 lines or less. This one has probably 25 or more lines making it hard to read. Let me know what you have and I'll get back to you. Email OK on QRZ.com, 73, Tom W4TJA

2. WB4IUY

WB4IUY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm working with a Winstar display now, to try and build a replacement module. It's pretty crappy how Icom handled this problem, they quickly walked away from the display problem with the IC-756 and left us IC-756 owners blowing in the wind. They blamed Sanyo for the defective display, but the radio has ICOM written across the front. I'm on the 2nd display now, it's an expensive radio with no support from the factory for a KNOWN problem...known to them. Folks should remember things like this when it comes time to plunk down their hard earned $$ for an expensive radio.

3. W6CLP

W6CLP Ham Member QRZ Page

@WB4IUY Have you had any luck with the winstar display? I recently bought My 756 and it has the original display in it. I would love to hear how the winstar has worked for you and if you got it working well in the 756.

4. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

This is from May 2015.

5. W6CLP

W6CLP Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand. I recently purchased a 756 and didnt know if he had and luck. If this is against the rules I will delete my posts.

6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.