Latest On The HOA Antenna Bill

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE5YTV, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Resorting to becoming offended? Really? I thought I was being pretty humorous.

2. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The problem with that is the property owner agreed to accept the restrictions no matter how archaic or bizarre the CC&Rs are. Caveat Emptor.

Some might believe otherwise.

You're correct. The HOAs are going to do whatever they want anyway--with or without Federal legislation.

3. KC8VWM

How exactly have I or anyone else agreed to accept antenna restrictions at HOA's, if they never signed anything at an HOA?

These antenna restrictions at HOA's affects all hams.

I never agreed to these antenna restrictions at HOA's, have you?

4. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

200_s.gif Lord not again.

5. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

58942578.jpg

6. KD8OSD

KD8OSD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing you say offends me.

What is offending is somebody whining to the government because they signed themselves into a situation they don't like. The ARRL is happy to help them dig deeper.

I hope it passes then. And I will laugh all the way to my shack when someone is handed a 1/4 wave mag mount to put in their gutter and then told you have been accommodated.
    That may be an exaggeration, but something similar will no doubt happen.

Again. Have a nice night.

KY5U and N4GKS like this.
  7. KC8VWM

Well it wasn't my intention to offend you, and if I did I sincerely apologize.

I don't agree with your exaggerated "scenario" comments indicated above. However, keep in mind, right now you can't put up any kind of antenna at all whatsoever. :)

8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Now you're just being argumentative. It's a deed restriction describing a property you buy. Regardless, most HOAs ( not HOA's) require a declaration (a signed commitment) as a stipulation to purchase. And what I buy is neither any of your business nor does it affect you in any conceivable way.

This legislation is full of negative effects on the very people it is supposedly intended to benefit and any responsible ham informed about the consequences likely to result should reject it as damaging to "all hams"

9. KD8OSD

KD8OSD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If a ham didn't purchase a home in an HOA then he too could put up a tower. Honestly, if he bought the home knowing the restrictions then that is his problem. If a person, after buying in an HOA, takes an interest in Ham Radio....surely at SOME point a picture of an antenna will be in a book, a study guide, something....then at that point the person will just have to understand that maybe that type of operating is not going to happen for them. Pretty simple.

Anyway, this whole thing has been beaten to death. Can't wait until it's over one way or the other. Pretty sure both sides of the issue are dug in to stay. To me it's only ham radio, I couldn't care less if it passes or not. I voiced my opinion on ARRL spending time and resources on this by not renewing my membership. I probably will not again.

No apology needed, like I said I aint here to fight and/or make enemies.

KC8VWM likes this.
  10. KC8VWM

Understood. Take care my friend.

KD8OSD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.