Latest On The HOA Antenna Bill

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE5YTV, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AI7PM

AI7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Follow the money. CAI (the HOAs) paid Sen. Nelson more briber,......err,.... I mean, campaign money than hams did. It's the Amerikan Way.

Knowing a former Division Vice-director, having spoken in depth with a former Division Director, and seeing statements like this,-
    "Now that I am a former ARRL Vice Director, I am free to speak my mind on this matter."- I question ARRL's dedication to the issue. The board displays no transparency at all. Not semi-opaque, not even translucent, on any subject. I have zero confidence in anything ARRL has to say on this, or most any other subject.

Spectrum Defense is about all that's kept me a member. Not even a quarter of those holding a license belong to ARRL. What's that tell me/us?

2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Firstly, you are confusing "notification" and "permission" Two different things ok?

The law would be that you are already permitted to install the antenna at the HOA, so no "permission" is required. The law is your permission. It's just "notification" that is required to be provided to the HOA instead.

Besides, do you really, really think in reality it's in the FCC's best interests to go around slapping violations on people all over the place? Maybe the requirement is simply reserved for use in extreme cases of FCC violation enforcement where peoiple outright refuse to cooperate and comply with their HOA's, but I seriously doubt this is going to be an "everyday use" situation as people seem to be making it out to be.

In most real world cases, you simply take down the antenna at the HOA request for failure of "notification" and that's going to be the end of it pure and simple. AND that's assuming if they even bother to request it, because legally you can put up the antenna anyways.

I fail to see how a "failure of notification" is going to be this big huge, blown out of proportion problem.

Again, it's astounding how so many people read into things and are so out of touch with reality. They probably also think if you drive 75 MPH in a 70 MPH zone they are surely going to jail. C'mon get a grip on reality because that's not how things work in real life.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    K6MBX likes this.
  3. KC8VWM

That's not the moral of the story because you, as a ham are bound by these restrictions even if you never move or live in any HOA.

ALL hams are not allowed to install antennas in HOA's with antenna restrictions and it doesn't matter if you have signed any HOA agreement or not.

That's not called a "choice."

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

It says "notify and obtain prior approval".

I think we're done here hopefully. Please -we don't need this type of 'help'

5. KC8VWM

Who cares. Twist it all around anyway you like, but it doesn't change the real life reality of the matter.

6. KD8OSD

KD8OSD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is strait from the text of the bill:
    "
    (b) Additional requirements.—In amending its rules as required by subsection (a), the Commission shall—

(1) require any licensee in an amateur radio service to notify and obtain prior approval from a community association concerning installation of an outdoor antenna;"

Permission, prior approval.....whatever you want to call it....you still have to get it before putting up an antenna if the bill passes.

Whether or not the Feds will be running down rogue antenna installations doesn't matter. If the bill passes and a ham puts up a stealth antenna secretly.....that would be a violation of federal law, that's all I was saying in my first post in this thread.

You and I disagree on this bill, and that's ok, I ain't here to fight. This bill has no effect on me anyway as I didn't buy in an Association. I just feel this bill will open a can of worms nobody anticipates.

7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I think we both know I didn't twist anything.

You said "no permission is required".

Don't be obtuse. It doesn't 'help'.

As an HOA resident, I would be required to both notify and obtain prior approval.

8. KC8VWM

Thanks Perry Mason. I read it all before.

9. KC8VWM

Approval means the antenna complies with the HOA's written requirements for installing antennas.

Approval doesn't mean..., "Please may I?"

10. KD8OSD

KD8OSD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Resorting to name calling? Really? I thought I was being pretty respectful.
    Have a nice night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.