Late Night TV Host

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KO0N, Sep 27, 2009.

?

Best Late-Nite Host/Show

1. The Late Show with David Letterman

25 vote(s)
    25.3%
  2. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

26 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. ABC Nightline

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. My Significant Other / Better Half

41 vote(s)
    41.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7RJD

N7RJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing like a good old fashioned resurrection.

2. NA0AA

NA0AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Letterman always seemed a bit too 'New Yawk' for me - you know, he's cleverer than you are, and he's not adverse to rubbing it in your face. I think he sucks.

Leno, he's OK in small doses, but I'm not a huge fan.

Carson was the class act of late night TV, that's the beginning and the end. He could have a bad night and go right on with the show, not the current schlumps.

But that's just me.

3. N7RJD

N7RJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Not saying that Letterman is anything spectacular but he is heads and heels above O'Brien. If nothing else he has proven his staying power which can draw a lot of viewers.

I would take Letterman's Top Ten lists over O'Brien's In The Year whatever bit any day.

4. K7RQ

K7RQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Things may change again in the late slots. Leno's earlier show's ratings never have been good and the affiliate stations are complaining that it's affecting their 11 PM news ratings. Word is that NBC is seriously thinking of moving Leno back into his old slot. Dunno where that leaves Conan O'Brien, who isn't doing all that great against Letterman. Stay tuned.

5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't watch any of them, my grandmother got me hooked on Herb Jefco (KSL) and Russ Cogland, and Ray Taliaferro.(KGO).
    Before them I was hooked on late night radio here on my Chrystal set. I've been a coast to coast listener going on twenty years now.
    It beats sitting passively in front of the TV with a glazed look in your eye. :D

6. KO0N

KO0N Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe, it should be leaked to the News Media that Conan is having an extra-marital affair; it might help HIS ratings.

7. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Spot on, matey :)! Carson was the gold standard. The follow-ons and wannabes have never been able to hold my attention. They are even embarrassing to watch, sometimes... As in, I am embarrassed for them. Not only not funny (mostly), just embarrassing to watch (usually). Guess that seals my cred' as an official OM :(.

8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Leno was funny, until he took over The Tonight Show. O'Brien, while goofy, isn't as bad. Neither can hold a candle to Johnny. I've usually enjoyed Letterman. He's usually funny.

As far as I'm concerned, the funniest man currently on late night is Craig Ferguson on CBS (The Late Late Show)... if I can manage to stay awake that late. :rolleyes:

Bryan WA7PRC

9. WB3JLA

WB3JLA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What he said

In the covers by 7:00 PM
    no night life

Asleep after Two and a half men

I remember the days--- ALMOST

close the bar at 2:00 AM in bed at 3:00 AM
    at work by 8:00 AM and saying

O GOD JUST LET ME LIVE TODAY AND I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN :p

I REMEMBER
    [​IMG]
    AND
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  10. W3BNY

W3BNY Ham Member QRZ Page

Depending on whats going on the next day. I have been known to stay up and watch the Jack Daniels show. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.