ad: InfoStat-1

Late Night TV Host

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KO0N, Sep 27, 2009.

?

Best Late-Nite Host/Show

1. The Late Show with David Letterman

25 vote(s)
    25.3%
  2. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

26 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. ABC Nightline

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. My Significant Other / Better Half

41 vote(s)
    41.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It was more like blackmail

I saw it on ET last night. Letterman wasn't married at the time. He confessed to the audience of having sex with his employees and then detailed the blackmail attempt, including the writing of a fake 2 million dollar check and the bust.

He told a story about going out to his car one morning on the way to work and finding a box with a blackmail note and some 'proof of creepy things' in it. He immediately went to the police and they set up the sting.

I think he did well in going public as soon as he could. Your post, above, should serve as proof why.

2. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

What a pity Groucho Marx isn't around to hoat a late night show. I imagine THAT would be wotrth watching!

3. KO0N

KO0N Ham Member QRZ Page

NBC's decision to move the talk show king to 10 p.m. is undermining viewership of local late-night newscasts, which are a crucial source of revenue for the network's affiliates......

........Leno's new show averaged about 5.6 million viewers through the first four days of last week, less than half the audience it attracted when it premiered and more than a third less than the audience that NBC drew last season with its longtime schedule of drama shows. The network says the declines are in line with expectations and cautions patience as viewers discover the new time slot for the talk show king.

......"I don't think anybody is going to say having Jay Leno at the 10 o'clock hour has been a positive," said Bill Carroll, a vice president at Katz Television Group, a media buying and consulting firm that advises local stations on programming.

......."I'm not pleased with what Leno is doing. I don't think anybody is," said Craig Allison, vice president and general manager of KSHB in Kansas City, Mo. Allison's late news is off slightly from where it was a year ago, and he's anxious about the months ahead.

.......Indeed, Leno averaged almost 12 million viewers during the first week of his new show -- a level reached in part thanks to weeks of ceaseless pre-premiere promotion by the network. Even if Leno does pick up some audience when his competition takes a break, there is no guarantee that all the viewers that left NBC and its stations will come flocking back.

4. WB8MKV

WB8MKV Ham Member QRZ Page

..Dont forget Dagmar & Morey Amsterdam

5. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

The current crop of late night TV is CRAP !
    No other word to describe it.

Letterman is an idiot, that guy Craig Ferguson reminds me of a crack-head,
    and ConeHead is just that...A CONEHEAD !!!

NBC made a huge mistake moving Leno to 10pm.
    At least he was watchable late night.
    I especially liked the "Headlines"

Bring back Johnny Carson & Ed McM.

6. K3UD

K3UD Guest

I started to watch the late night shows around 1965 and got hooked on them for a number of years. Back then we had Johnny Carson, Mike Douglas, Merv Griffin, Joey Bishop, and Dick Cabot. All of them were very good, especially Cabot and Carson. All of it was good programming. Unfortunately I never viewed Jack Paar.

George
    K3UD

7. KO0N

KO0N Ham Member QRZ Page

HARK, I Told you so....!

Late Nite: Conan O'Brien and his Prodigal Second-Banana Side Kick Andy Richter are getting displaced, David Letterman continued to trounce them in the ratings war.

http://www.haveuheard.net/jay-leno-heading-back-to-his-1135old-time-slot-1135/

Jay Leno "Triumphantly (?) returns to the 11:35 Time Slot.

Yup, I told you so!

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

::AFAIK this isn't really decided yet, and I was just at NBC 11:00 this morning.

This could happen. Or maybe not. I don't think NBC even knows yet. The problem is they gave Leno a 2-year non-cancelable contract, so if they do anything to displace him, they'll owe millions of dollars. But moving the time slot, as long as the show starts before midnight when it airs, is included as a provision, so neither Leno nor the network could have any beef with that.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Frankly, I was watching Leno at 10 PM a few days each week and thought the show was okay. Not terribly different from his previous "Tonight" show, which maybe was the problem.

His best shtick is his monolog. He delivers it well, and should stick with that. Maybe the whole show should just be that, because the guests are generally not that entertaining.:p

9. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Morey maybe, but who could ever forget Dagmar----

10. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Ain't that the truth!!

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.