ad: ProAudio-1

Late Night G90 Contacts!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Aug 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. ZL9998

ZL9998 QRZ Member

When I heard Asher Leah I thought .. oh no not a JAP (I know that sounds rough but Woody Allen AKA Ginsberg would have gone worse ) rabbiting on about her father's G90 but you know it was not too bad... You know you ought to look at getting the guts of a MXP -50 ebay amp which you can buy separately and building it into a real 80 W amp using a HP 7 Amp SMPS as a power source . That would give that little radio some real grunt and it is a project that is hard to fail at. I found this ref to someone on TLV beach who has a VeRY annoying delivery.. in fact like Marge Simpson's daughter as it were. .. Don't emulate her esp in diction .. it's not productive. Cheers from Tim Fidler in the sthn seas who has the paperwork to get on the Ether but... mmm.. is it worth it. And an old ICOM 730 too. https://israelforever.org/interact/multimedia/Video/matkot_madness_on_israels_beaches/

2. ZL9998

ZL9998 QRZ Member

I should do Teshuvah for that Princess comment. never mind I did try to contact L but as I don't have a real call sign just unconverted NZ privileges I don't seem to be able to send internal emls. TEF is attempting to get that sorted out with the forum manager. The guts of an Mxp 50 as I put it seem to be able to be had for about 85 notes from Ebay suppliers. that's to say that the board is avail but it comes with the LPF board which is a POS frankly and especially for use at 70-80 W level. The vendors have those two boards together for around $110 which indicates that an offer of around 85 should get the basic RF board. This is all about adding a PA to the back end of an attenuated G90. I can be contacted via the QRP labs GroupsIO forum. should Leah or anyone else be interested on the details. And with that I think I have done my Teshuvah. Personally I really like the QRVer 1.3 monobander rig but just now (there's a very nice review of it by a Scot on Ytube ) my Flying fifteen sailboat the Hannah Senesh and the oncoming summer take up all my spare time attention .. apart from trying to sort out some of the construction mess ups of the QRPLabs guys. Go well, be happy Timothy E Fidler (NZ, northland)

Attached Files: