ad: QSLWorks-1

Late Night G90 Contacts!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Aug 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD9LFZ

KD9LFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree definitely a great little radio!

NY6P likes this.
  2. KD9LFZ

I hope to work you as well!

3. KD9LFZ

Ayyy Thanks!

4. KD9LFZ

Its a very chill time to play radio and have fun I agree!

5. KD9LFZ

Great little portable set-up!

EA3IGB likes this.
  6. KD9LFZ

It really depends, I have used my samsung A20 camera, my dads filming camera and just a basic webcam for separate videos. It really just depends when and where I am filming!

7. KD9LFZ

That is really amazing info to have thanks! and I have tried the internal tuner and it works really well!

8. KD9LFZ

It was really relaxing to just chill have fun and record at the same time, probably one of the easiest videos to film!

W9EBE likes this.
  9. KD9LFZ

I completely agree with that :)

10. KD9LFZ

Wow that is awesome!

11. DL7ACA

DL7ACA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

keep it up!

73 from Germany

Christian

12. M6ENP

M6ENP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

what i forgot to mention even with the DX Commander and my less than optimal ground wire field, the best actual contact i had in the contest was several VK Stns all around the 10,000 to 10500 miles, what i find amazing with my DX Commander is as i demonstrated last night to a fellow new ham who was @ my home QTH, is i can literally call CQ TWICE on 30m at night time and get answers and on Psk reporter flags my up my stn as being heard on over half the earth, and this was @ 9 pm UK time, and when the conditions are right the Inv L configuration i have for 80m can work me down into most of South America which in its self is in the region of 7-8000 miles that on 80m for what in essence is a piece of wire just a fraction over 19 m long, is well pretty damn amazing, couple that with Leah's cheap and cheerful radio it could be for Leah CQ HI CQ HI ,73s HI you are in the Log, American readers will know the significance of a HI stn, and yes i have just managed last week to get a HI stn on 17m of all places with the DX Commander, that HI Stn for me is anywhere from 7038 and 17817 miles short/long path (qrz distances) ,so my very own WOW among the other words i said when getting HI in my log 73s Kevin G2KS

13. KK6USY

KK6USY Ham Member QRZ Page

Love the video Leah ! You seem to have soo much fun , keep it up!

14. KC3AA

KC3AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Nicely done! Honestly, you sound better then most operators I hear attempting to work stations. I remember when I started this hobby when I was 13. This hobby has so many options to explore. Kept me out of trouble too lol. Keep it up!

73 de Mike KC3AA FN00 Pittsburgh, PA

15. AI0SE

AI0SE Ham Member QRZ Page

This is fantastic. Came to QRZ to look up a contact and stumbled onto this on the main page. Perfect timing as I run a hands-on learning program in a school district and am in the process of starting a district-wide club hopefully in time for some socially-distanced operating for the November Sweepstakes and definitely in time for the school club roundup. FWIW, my daughter (13) was sitting behind me doing "remote learning" when I started playing the video and she was like, "I didn't know girls did ham radio, too. Why?"

Maybe in an upcoming video you could speak to what got you interested in radio-ing. Thanks for sharing! Well done!

73, Scott

W9EBE, KC9ONY and KI4POT like this.