ad: CQMM-1

Last Man Standing on Fox TV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K6MTS

K6MTS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Known for fake news by....? Depends on how you see/filter, un-filter, de-BS your sources. At least half of the US population that gives a damn about the state of the country would disagree with your take.

N9LYA, KK5R, KC3IGJ and 1 other person like this.
  2. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be watching it! Do not care if ABC got butt hurt or not. They are off my list of watchable networks.

AK5B likes this.
  3. W8CJJ

W8CJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W8CJJ

W8CJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I too only watch OTA tv. Cable prices/Sat prices too much for me. I enjoy all the old movies, etc. available on OTA tv. IMO, "Last Man Standing" has great writers and Tim and crew delivers those jokes. Glad to hear the series is coming back ! 73, Mike

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Would agree likewise have not watched network TV for many years with very few exceptions Jeopardy would be one also at one time watched the NFL but no longer not an network issue per se . Don't know if this show LMS has a laugh track but find them extremely annoying if it's funny I will laugh don't need to be prompted. As Dave indicates there is just too much good commercial free streaming content available to be annoyed by network TV.

AK5B likes this.
  6. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI.

Making minor references to the idea that the TV show expresses conservative views doesn't make the posted comments a "political discussion" about politics.

It's part of a discussion pertaining to the content of a TV show.

Thank you.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    KK5R, K9ASE, AK5B and 2 others like this.
  7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone else notice the feigned moral superiority by those who declare they don't watch TV yet comment about it?

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes.

WB0MPB likes this.
  9. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Ham Member QRZ Page

I am only on page eight so I have a ways to go but I will throw another fact in here that will drive a few of you bonkers. But Tim had a very hard life starting with the death of his dad by a drunk driver when he was 11. That hit him very hard and he spent many years struggling with that and with God over what happened.
    And now he has work through a lot of dark times in his life including prison (which some will hold that 2 years of prison against him forever. Some people just like to use that time in his life of the cocaine arrest against him forever cause they don't like him. I do not understand people that take one thing from a person and hold that against them forever as if they have never done anything bad in their life. Just a side not.)
    But he worked through all the dark areas in his life and is now, are you ready for this, a Christian and talks about that on the show sometimes. He admits he is not perfect but any true Christian will admit they are not perfect.

John, WB0MPB

KK5R, K9ASE and W4HM like this.
  10. WB0MPB

I just wondered if you know that the Andy Griffith show was dropped. Just wanted to let you know since you are not a TV watcher.

11. WB0MPB

Thanks for the time you took to reply. I really agree with what you said about a few minutes of the program and several minutes of commercials. That gets so annoying. Back when I had cable I DVRed the shows I wanted to watch and then watch them and skip the commercials.

So be thankful for good health and that you can get out and work on your knew home and shack and not have to spend so much time with the TV on. Many times I have the TV on just to feel like there is someone else here while I am sitting here building my cheap little electronics kits and then running them and looking at different spots to see what the voltage or wave form is at that point. My cheap O'scope I built works great for what I am using it for. These kits are so fun to build and they exerciser my brain since it has been several years since I worked in the medical electronics business.

An I am sure you are having fun making your knew home and shack personalized to you and your family.

Have fun with your home.

John, WB0MPB

KK5R, K9ASE and AK5B like this.
  12. K6MTS

K6MTS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I miss Barney Fife. "Nip it in the Bud!"

KK5R, AK5B and WB0MPB like this.
  13. WX7P

WX7P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, you ARE preaching. There’s no doubt about that. Let’s not parse words here.

I think it’s great that ham radio is getting play on TV. Since I haven’t seen the show, I don’t have any further commentary on the show’s content.

I also believe using this program as a triumph for a particular ideological viewpoint is huge reach. This thread is just another excuse for those with an agenda to push said agenda.

KB3GWQ and WA5VGO like this.
  14. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Pointing out the obvious it was clear from your first post in this thread you were pushing an agenda.

KK5R and AK5B like this.
  15. WX7P

WX7P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

By pointing out why the show cancelled? I think not.