ad: elecraft

Last Man Standing on Fox TV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

@NN2X - it was a joke. I guess it didn't work. I even put a smilie. I'll try harder next time :)

2. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm glad he's back ... Just Cuz. I have always been a Tim Allen style of humor fan. I have only seen LMS a few times and those were after they cancelled it. (remember the thread about this Show being cancelled in the first place) Life's too short to be parked in front of the TV or computer, have a nice day everyone. :)

KK5R likes this.
  3. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You without sin cast the first stone. Some can forgive and forget. Others try to judge someone whom they are in no position to judge.

4. WX7P

WX7P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Who's complaining? I just pointed out a few facts and some inconsistencies and you're melting down.

It's obvious you missed the point yet again.

If something happens you don't like, it MUST be a conspiracy. No other explanation is satisfactory.

I'm not going to go any further as:

1. It would be a violation of the site's TOS, which really doesn't concern some of you guys because you violate the TOS on a daily basis, see the silly partisan boosterism.
    2. It's a waste of time, as trying to reason with true believers is impossible.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  5. WX7P

Dan the victim, strikes again.

It must suck to hear an opinion different than yours once in a while, comrade.

6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh go ahead you know you have fun trying even if you get nowhere with it.

AK5B likes this.
  7. WX7P

What do you mean by that, Dan?

The whole thread is a troll.

I hope you and the dogs are doing well.

KB3GWQ likes this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, all is well thanks for asking.

9. NJ6U

NJ6U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

John is in the middle of another project at this time, but I sincerely hope he will be able to be involved in LMS again.....only he knows for sure. 73!

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

And yet, you posted twice more (so far), in a thread about a show you say you don't care about... ;)

WB0MPB, AK5B and K3XR like this.
  11. WX7P

The whoosh you all hear is the sound of 'the point' flying WAY over KK5JY's head.

You guys are too easy.

I'll let you make the last post so you can console yourself with 'the win'.

12. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

We all know why.

K3XR and AK5B like this.
  13. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

BRAIN ROt.

14. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

AK5B likes this.
  15. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I doubt it. You keep saying you're going away but you keep coming back to comment more. :)

But as long as you want to talk about the point, I'll talk about the OP's point. I liked LMS. I didn't like the ham radio part of it, because it was cheesy(*), but the show as a whole was fun(ny), but not just slapstick nonsense like most comedy today. It also had a real plot behind it, that didn't detract from the comedy. It is actual entertainment that doesn't require you to check your intelligence at the door (although I realize some people differ with that sentiment). I didn't care for all of the comedy, but they had fun with a lot of subjects without singling out anybody for ridicule. They were an equal-opportunity parody routine. :)

I'm glad they're bringing it back. It's going to be interesting to see how they pick up the story, since they have lost a year, the kids have gotten even older, the youngest of whom is now in the USAF academy (in the story), and the grandchild is now almost as old as Eve was in the pilot. So they have lost some momentum. Who knows... they might just reboot it, or they might use the kids being older to change the "venue" a little bit, by focusing on other characters, or building some new story lines that they couldn't do while Mike was trying to survive in a house full of estrogen. ;)

(*) ...on that subject, however, I would note that Mike made some really nice state-side contacts using his attic dipole in his HOA house. :cool:

N5NSN, AK5B and K3XR like this.