ad: Radclub22-1

Last Man Standing on Fox TV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3OP

VE3OP Ham Member QRZ Page

While I enjoy the show and am happy it is carrying on, the amateur radio bit has always been a bit of a bust.

Very little amateur radio activity shown on the show from what I remember. Basically just a backdrop.

I did QSL and get a QSL back from the show which is neat.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    KK5JY and (deleted member) like this.
  2. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You'd be surprised how little content is produced internally in most of the major networks. The vast majority of it is outsourced. Internal productions are expensive because of personnel expenses. Plus, it becomes operating expenses which have tax advantages to big corporations.

As shows like this get more and more successful, they get more and more expensive.

KK5R likes this.
  3. K4MKH

K4MKH Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a great show I am glad to see it returning regardless of showing ICOM showcase.

US7IGN likes this.
  4. WB9YTG

WB9YTG Ham Member QRZ Page

I always wondered why there were no visible antennas on the show. Maybe, thats why they took a hiatus, they needed time to erect a 100 ft crank up tower with a full size Yagi!

KK5R likes this.
  5. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

I''m sure they took the hiatus to fill out their logbooks and make sure all the QSL cards had been sent out... :)

WB9YTG likes this.
  6. WB9YTG

Wouldn’t it be great if LMS did a story involving a conflict with his HOA re his antennas. Mike Baxter (the main character) naturally asserting his right to use his property in any way he sees fit.

AK5B likes this.
  7. N2OA

N2OA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One of the daughters on the show got her ticket too. Can't remember which one. You had a good point though I don't think he's ever plugged Amateur Radio in any interviews that I have seen.

8. AA7KG

AA7KG Ham Member QRZ Page

It does not seem to have anything to do with the amateur radio I stop watching it

9. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Not quite. KF0XIE is the fictitious call sign for Mandy Baxter a character played by Molly Ephraim on the ABC television series "Last Man Standing" ( I corrected the atrocious spelling errors in this QRZ "biography" ).

Tim is the only ham CAST MEMBER that I am aware of to get licensed. Though quite a few CREW MEMBERS did get licensed.

AK5B likes this.
  10. K6MTS

K6MTS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Understandable that if what you were looking for was a show that focuses on amatuer radio, you would be disapointed. Amatuer Radio is certainly not the focal point the show. I've seen maybe 8 or 10 episodes, and only 1 featured a brief ham moment. To each their own though right? I think it is certainly one of the most refreshing, and funny shows in quite some time. Not quite in the realm of Frasier or Seinfeld, but closer to that quality of humor than most other similar type shows.

11. VE3OP

VE3OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Even though there were no towers or antennae shown on the show (that I remember) there were a few hams working on the set that put a wire antenna up in the set roof thus making the ham radio setup at the shop fully functional.

12. WB9YTG

There are quite a few scenes where an Icom transceiver and accessories (QSL cards and a QRZ sticker) are used a background props. An ARRL handbook is frequently used as makeshift camera platform for his comedic “vlogs”.

13. N5WLS

N5WLS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What? ABC cancels Roseanne??!! Already??? :confused:. It’s only been what... 2 months?

Too bad for the rest of the cast. Kudos to ABC for doing the right thing.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    N2EY likes this.
  14. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Just what does that have to do with a show on Fox?

15. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Haven't you heard?

The two shows are allegedly competing with one another.

AK5B likes this.