Lack of Memory Banks in FTM 100

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by KM6RWB, Nov 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM6RWB

KM6RWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking to replace my FT 7800 with a FTM 100dr- BUT it seems the FTM100 has NO memory banks- although it has 500 memory channels- I felt having the banks a real benefit - is there a work around or should I just get used to it- I have not purchased the new radio but I did read the manual for it- The fusion looks cool though- any ideas? Vic in Covina

2. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got both the FTM-100 and the FTM-400 and neither have memory banks. Just 500 memories on A and 500 on B. I too wish they had actual memory banks. Not really sure why Yaesu didn't include them. The FT70 and the FT2DR both have memory banks. You'd think if they were on the HT's they'd be on the mobile units as well. That's really my main complaints with the 100/400. Other than that they are both great radios.

WIRES-X/Fusion is pretty cool if you're into the digital thing. Audio quality is excellent.

3. KM6RWB

KM6RWB Ham Member QRZ Page

funny how you get used to stuff- I didnt get the whole BANK thing till I started to get more channels saved and found it was a big help

4. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I never used the banks thing on my FT7900. Several other radios have them, I think they are annoying.

I suppose if I used programming software and the repeater directory, and could think of a sensible organization, it could be handy.

So I organize the programmed memories loosely by 10s and 100s...

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

The hypermemories on the 7900 were great. I had one for the local repeaters, one for satellites, and one for simplex. If you got lost, you just press the memory button and you were back where you wanted to be.