ad: ProAudio-1

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Indeed! I've often wondered why those idiots haven't in fact just decided to
    infect any place in the spectrum they chose - glad they have NOT of course.
    The only explanation I can think of is "CB mentality" of wanting to shout people
    down who are trying to shout you down - sort of a twisted game I guess. Were
    they to move about the band there wouldn't as likely be someone to "shout back"

Occasionally I'll listen to the CB channels and it sounds just like 14.313 in that regard

Dave
    W7UUU

2. KD5RXP

KD5RXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome. Seems to me he had helpers too. Jerry Springer-like antics. What.A.Tard.

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad to see something finally happened, and I hope the rest of these fools take the hint. However, I suspect some of these morons are also the ones who do an extended tune-up on top of DX and special event stations. Stupidity knows no bounds.

4. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Well, tip of the iceberg....if the Feds keep chipping away, more cubes will break off....hope Industry Canada does something with that idiot in the NW.....

Surprised they are even interested in 313 as that nonsense has been going on there for decades from what I understand....thank God for a main VFO dial/knob...spin, dial spin....

5. W0JMP

W0JMP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have never heard any of these guys on CW or digital modes. Makes me glad I seldom use phone except for contests of DX contacts.

Danny, W0JMP

6. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Amen to that....

7. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just talked to Mike today! With all my years in amateur radio and a LONG contact log, I've never had anything but pleasant experience with Mike.(And, even today, I interrupted his CQ-DX call) Don't know what to say other than...I HAVE observed, monitored and reported what are likely bigger offenders in my 30 years in the ARS...and not a thing was done. Is it possible that this is nothing more than a selective witch hunt?

8. AE7XG

AE7XG Guest

It is not only 20 meters this happens. I try to be A regular on 7.156 when KB5MRT contacts ZS3D in Africa. A bunch of hams wait quietly while Rick gathers A list and everyone gets A chance to make A contact, BUT every now and then some one throughs A carrier or some other kind of disruption. KB5MRT just waits for them to unkey, then asks if they would like to join us.

I for one wonder why the FCC waited so long before they grabbed this guy, they knew who he was and how many times he was raising havoc.
    Please everyone call the FCC and tell them you want quicker action against these guys.This is NOT CB people.

Dave AE7XG

9. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave said it right. 15 years! Good one sir!

10. N8CR

N8CR Ham Member QRZ Page

HA! This gomer lives about 7 miles north of me. Must be one bored fella to sit around and create havoc for everyone else. Play with a hornet's nest, you'll eventually get stung.

11. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

good to see that PORK CHOP has had the chop... :D

12. KC0MS

KC0MS Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I don't know if it is 'one of them' or not, but the operator who frequently enjoys firing up his Packet-racket on top of an existing qso or net, is most likely a close cousin. But you're right, in at least it's not as wide-spread as it is on SSB.

Karl

13. N6SXR

N6SXR Ham Member QRZ Page

But being able to buy transmitting gear without proof of license will not stop people like him.

Kirk - N6SXR

14. W8JJ

W8JJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Really? That's the grow up equivalent of stating, "that other kid started it" when thinking about children fighting on the playground. Or, the "doctrine of relative filth" which says, don't punish me even if I'm guilty because someone else did something worse. Neither argument holds water. Mike deliberately, and persistently, breaks the rules. Now, he pays for it. I have not heard anyone say he didn't do it. No sympathy here. Can't wait for the next 14.313 misfit to get picked off by the FCC.

15. KC1AIH

KC1AIH Ham Member QRZ Page

As I operate a QRP station I found him to be most annoying. He buried my signal, on that frequency, to a ham in Florida. I moved to digital to avoid him. Well done FCC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.