ad: AlphaRF-1

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N2ADV

N2ADV Ham Member QRZ Page

Has he been transmitting or is it just another of the "crowd" transmitting recordings of his previous stuff?

2. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a valid point, because unfortunately that does go on. But the old Collins transmitter that Baxter has used for his "broadcasts" has a very unique sound and footprint. Going with that and beam headings my opinion is that it is him. Not just me saying that either, many other threads mentioning this on QRZ. Baxter has owed a huge NAL for over a decade. An in-rem seizure of that Collins transmitter could help pay that NAL. But as I pointed out to W6EM, I do not know of any amateur that has had an in-rem seizure of their equipment. And I guess he does not either, since he never answered. They are commonly used against FM broadcast pirates, and that is well documented. Apparently the FCC is powerless to take Baxter off the air.

3. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

Honestly who cares what he is doing or saying are you the World Radio Police? No you just enjoy jumping into the fray have heard you to many times instigating problems.

4. W4AMP

Do you care to rebut the comments I have made in this thread or are you going to continue spewing ad-hominem personal attacks?

5. W4AMP

End of thread for me due to obvious reasons. E-mail is listed onsite for contact.

Jim

26400-Abandon-thread-felix-red-bull-LsIl.gif

6. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

No, Jim, I have only seen/read about FM pirates having suffered that fate. I guess ex-K1MAN will probably be the first, if he's really still transmitting.

Should be simple in his case as he's already ignored the Maine District Court's order to pay up, so I'm sure that the judge wouldn't hesitate to issue an order he couldn't refuse....

7. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Sure glad when the robust lady steps on to the stage and begins her aria...then I will know it is over....I don't expect any quick resolution but continual commentaries....

Hope the net is wide and the other frequenters to 313 are hauled in, on this side and the other of our northern border....wake me somewhere in the final act of this opera.....

8. VK5OHR

VK5OHR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah, we just just made individual bullets worth a minimum of $5,000 AUD each!

:D

9. N5IT

N5IT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Would you like to purchase some bullets Robert? :D

10. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Amazing that Fred hasn't locked this thread yet. There must have been something said over on the K3VR thread that he didn't like. Sorry, Fred, if it was something I said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.