Knwd TS50S AM great need specs for internal relay

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N9PVF, Jun 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N9PVF

N9PVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    When I did a lot of 10M mobile, I contacted several Ausie station and they told me my rig sounded like a Ranger. After bench testing on and a few on the air reports, I think it makes a good, agile AM transmitter. I'd like to connect it to my system in the same way my Ranger . Knwd does not give specs for the ratings of the internal relay, but has a illustration of it connecting to a Knwd 922 linear.

Does any one have any information on the relay contact ratings??

Many thanks
    73s
    N9PVF

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I looked at the service manual, but no specs on relay contacts. I would guess two amps or less, and maybe 100v or more, since the connections are just raw to the relay, there is no protection of any type in the circuit.

What are you trying to hook it to? What is the current draw to ground, and what is the voltage?

3. N9PVF

N9PVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Joe and thanks for the reply:

I want to use the TS50 as an exciter for a linear. My current setup uses an old Matchbox 110VAC relay and that is no problem for a Ranger or Valiant. What I need is a relay that switches 110VAC to the Matchbox, running on whatever (12VDC) for a DPDT set of contacts. One side goes to a ranger, the over to mains via fuse.

What I am amazed at is that Knwd specs the contacts in terms of the 100VDC 2o ma on the relay port of the 922.

Thanks and keep safe

David