Knight Kit Radio

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KB1RHB, Oct 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB1RHB

KB1RHB Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure where to post this.

I am looking to buy a 50 year old radio kit, Knight Kit 83 Y 262, two transistor am radio.

[​IMG]

Its a sentimental motivated quest. Assembled is fine. The only one
    I know that is in existence is in a radio museum.

Regards, Dana.

WN1MB likes this.
  2. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad to see I'm not the only similarly afflicted soul 'round here. ;)

"WTB Knight Kit 83 Y 262" as the subject line in a Swapmeet forum post would be another way to get the word out.

WTB = Want To Buy

KB1RHB and K1LKP like this.
  3. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

KB1RHB likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You should consider an ad in the QRZ "Wanted" forum - put the model in the subject line since you're looking for a VERY specific item.

Lots of folks "with stuff to sell" aren't looking in the technical forums.

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/ham-radio-gear-wanted.122/

Just a thought - good luck in your quest!

Dave
    W7UUU

KB1RHB likes this.
  5. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow. I don't know if mine was that exact same model. But mine looked pretty much the same, and it sure got me in trouble. I'm thinking it was during either during the 1957 or 1958 World Series. I just know it happened during one of the two series between the Milwaukee Braves and New York Yankees. (I lived in Wisconsin in those days.)

My radio was red plastic with inlaid gold knobs and the big gold "V" on the front.

I took one of my parent's old books that had been in a box for several years. I still have my early 1950s Davy Crockett pocket knife that I used to cut and hollow out the interior of the book so that my Knight Kit radio would fit perfectly inside. Radio signals were good. We had three 5000 watt AM radio stations within several miles of our school. One was CBS and the other NBC. The other was an independent rock-and-roll station. The World Series was either on KDAL AM 610 (CBS), or WDSM AM 710 (NBC). We didn't have an ABC station in those days, and Fox was still just making movies.

I attended a 3-room parochial school. I had the book/radio in the storage area under the hinged top of my "modern" desk (no ink well). I sat in the last aisle next to the coat/boot closets of that classroom. I had the crystal earpiece in my right ear when Sister M. Benitia came up and grabbed me from behind.

I was in at least triple trouble -- her, my parents, and particularly with my mom for cutting up one of her old books. Plus, Sister Benitia confiscated my radio.

Maybe Sister Benitia is still using the radio in her dirt nap. RIP Sister M. Benitia.

WN1MB and KB1RHB like this.
  6. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

WN1MB and KB1RHB like this.