ad: SDRKits-1

kj4tlc

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KE4HGB, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KE4HGB

KE4HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Two months ago I was reading QTH.COM looking for a rig for my truck when I read an ad from Billy J. McDonald, KJ4TLC, 344 HiCrest Dr., Mt Slering KY stating he had a Yaesu FT 857D, an Atlas 120 antenna and other related items only 4 months old for sale for $700 plus shipping. Immediately after contacting him, check was forwarded overnight and he acknowledged getting the check. He assured me the items were being shipped from his job by FEDEX later that day. That was two months ago, guess what ........no equipment yet.
    I need your help finding this so called HAM. I guess you would call me a sucker falling for his trick. GOOGLE his call sign (KJ4TLC) and you will see he has done it to others. I have called ARRL looking for help, guess what no help from there.

I understand Billy has moved from the address listed for his call but still live near, this is where you can HELP getting me a current address.
    Thank you in advance. Keep the hobby clean of hams such as this.

Robert
    KE4HGB

2. W5INC

W5INC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You must get a hold of the DA in the county the person lives/lived in when the transaction took place. Most DA's offices now have a special divison that handles these types of internet theft cases. I had the same problem 1 time and I got it staightened out with this method. The DA's office in the offender's county can send you all of the paperwork you need to fill out via Email.

It took about 3 weeks to get my money back. It is worth a try you just need to do a little research on which county the thief lives in and what the DA's office in that county will do about this crime. Good Luck on your quest.

3. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd be in touch with the Postal Service to see if this qualifies as MAIL FRAUD. Since he used the mail, this may be a federal offense.

4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a echo link repeater in lexington about 45 miles away. maybe you could listen for him....
    October "Court day" is not far away maybe you might want to plan a trip?

I spent 7 years in Mt Sterling before moving to Dayton in 98.

Mt Sterling is a small town and the local police don't like people playing games and letting the town get a bad reputation.
    try calling them to file a fraud complaint.

5. KD8DEY

PS
    Mount Sterling Police Dept
    418 East Main Street,
    Mount Sterling Ky 40353 - (859) 498-8720

6. KD8DEY

P.P.S.

When you call The Mount Sterling Police dept ask if J.D. is still on the force and ask to talk to him if possible.

Tell J.D. that a friend of Stanley Rosenberg's (Retired councilman), The guy Stanly introduced Him to that he always had fix Stanley's computer problems said he was the man to call.

7. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Might see if anyone at http://www.bluegrassars.org/ could help.

A repeater in Lexington is linked to a repeater in Mt Sterling.
    No Echolink that I can see though.
    KD4ADJ- repeater in Mt Sterling, 442.050+, PL-100.0
    -is linked to-
    Kb8QLC repeater in Lexington, 444.125+, PL-88.5

Good luck.

8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Write letters to his county sheriff, police if applicable, county attorney, state attorney general and BBB. You could try checking with Fedex to see if he really is an employee then send a strongly worded to him c/o his local Fedex.

9. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

10. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob:

Sorry, no luck! I tried the FCC's "Advanced License Search" today and came up with the same address.

1. Try a Google search on his name and on his call to see what comes up.

2. File a criminal complaint the local police.

Jerry
    N9LCD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.