Kids and Amateur Radio - Ham Radio Comic Books

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KE0HWK, Mar 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KE0HWK

KE0HWK Ham Member QRZ Page

These are very cool my Grand Daughters love them age they are 7 and 10 working on their Tech license! Great resources! Thanks KE0HWK
    All Credit to NYC-ARECS & ICOM for this resource!

Kids and Amateur Radio - Ham Radio Comic Books

We at NYC-ARECS feel that it is important to educate children in the art and science of radio communications.

Presented here are The Adventures of Zack and Max, comic books created by Icom Corp. which are designed to provide some basic information about ham radio, giving a glimpse into its history, its applications, and its relevance in the world today. Whether you’re a student or an adult, this book tells a story about ham radio which we hope you will read again and again.

As the editions change, you will find Zack and Max share with us what they learn about emergency preparedness and communication. Zack, Max and Mady, along with their family and friends, participate with their ham club in an emergency drill. At the drill they learn how to set up a station during an emergency, experience advances made in digital modes and help others in their community through amateur radio. Enjoy "Super Max" as he helps old and new friends get on air, and help others!

[​IMG]
    Volume 1 The Odyssey Begins (Download) [​IMG]

Volume 2 Lost in Seattle (Download) [​IMG]

Volume 3 Mady goes to England (Download) [​IMG]

Volume 4 Fun at Field Day (Download) [​IMG]

Volume 5 Max in Space (Download) [​IMG]

Volume 6 Lets Go Island DXing! (Download) [​IMG]

Volume 7 Ham Radio To The Rescue! (Download) [​IMG]
    The emergency communications edition

[​IMG]

MI0YLT, W8AWT and K7EEX like this.
  2. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Where is the permission from ICOM to reprint these stories? They are copyrighted materials...

3. KI7HSB

KI7HSB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Insomuch as this is A: An attempt to foster and encourage youth to consider getting involved with ham radio and B: An attempt to sell radios, I'm shocked that anyone would even consider the possibility that ICOM wouldn't want this material to go viral...

But if you just want to be the poo-poo headed lawyer in the room, here's a quote from the forward of the magazine...

"We hope you have fun reading this story. We had fun creating it, and encourage you to get involved in this wonderful hobby. Whether you’re a
    student or an adult, we feel this book tells the story of ham radio well enough for you to read it again and again. And, if you do find it interesting
    and informative, please pass it on to a friend!
    For information on how to become a ham, see the inside back cover of this book. Enjoy!"

If that's not permission to freely disseminate, I don't know what is.

N3AB likes this.
  4. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Comics are now called graphic novels. I'm an OM but I still read certain graphic novels and was happy to introduce @W4AQT to some of them.

5. KE0HWK

KE0HWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Mmm... Since I did NOT say anything about printing them. Your question is invalid with regards to my post! However Thanks much to KI7HSB for setting the record straight on the issue! I also gave credit where credit is due I thought that was enough to keep poo poo heads a way! Enjoy the comics they awesome!

KI7HSB likes this.