KI7JCW - Peter's At It Again

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by NA3P, Oct 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. NA3P

NA3P Ham Member QRZ Page

Peter, KI7JCW, got my letter and he says he is not active in ham radio any longer and is not selling anything. This comfirms that this was a scam.

KC0BIN likes this.
  2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I think there should be a thread just to post email addresses of scammers.

KC0BIN likes this.
  3. N1GTR

N1GTR Ham Member QRZ Page

A person claiming to be ki7jcw@gmail.com just contacted me. Is this his real email?

4. KA2FIR

No. Read the thread. Look at his QRZ bio. No email address. Look at his profile. He states that he owns no equipment and has been hacked.

5. NN4E

NN4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got a message saying he would buy my DVAP asking for my PayPal email address, sent @ 0326CST. Then got an email with the "here is a picture of what I want" without even a hidden URL to a phony QRZ login page that is harvesting user credentials.

The scam phony link is at http://nut.cc , I reported the abuse and hope to hear back from the site owners.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  6. NN4E

NN4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No

7. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

An easy to use, searchable database would probably work better for most people.

8. K0GFY

K0GFY Ham Member QRZ Page

Old "Peter" just tried to buy a radio I had listed on QTH. He is persistent.

9. KA2FIR

Did he contact you regarding one of your forsale posts?

10. W5LL

W5LL Ham Member QRZ Page

Old “Peter” is at it again. This time I hate to admit that I let my guard down when received an email saying he would buy something I had listed on qth.com. I responded to his initial email and received a response back with the phony link in it from nut.cc. I’m imbarassed to say I actually clicked on it and tried to log in. Then I just happened to do a good search on the callsign and find this thread. I then went in and immediately changed the password on my qrz.com account. Damn scammers!

73 Matt
    W5LL