KI7JCW is posting as W5ASL Be Careful!!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by XE1DVI, Jan 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. XE1DVI

XE1DVI Ham Member QRZ Page

This guy is trying to scam you, He asked my to send him a pic of my radio with "his" call sign on a piece of paper.
    He goes by Peter KI7JCW
    Here his emails:
    Send me a photo of the radio with my callsign W5ASL written in a piece of paper close to it . I'll send payment once I get that .
    Thanks,

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 at 5:55 PM Rey R <xe1dvi@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Yes Paypal is fine, Paypal accont is xe1dviw6@yahoo.com
    Greetings / Saludos

Rey.XE1DVI / W6DVI

626-255-0974 Cell
    213-747-5800 Work

On Saturday, January 13, 2018, 3:04:35 AM PST, Peter H Quach <ki7jcw@gmail.com> wrote:
    I'll take it . PayPal Ok

Then contacted W5ASL to give him heads up.
    Here the mails:

I appreciate your letting me know of this. I will be aware of things like that in the future. Al

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:17 PM, Rey <xe1dviw6@yahoo.com> wrote:

Maybe he was trying to post it as if you were selling the radio, who knows.
    Sent from the Helix Nebula with an iPhone7

On Jan 14, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Al Lawrence <asl36@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Thank you for the warning. I have no knowledge of what is going on there with a person using my call sign. I will not do business with him. Al Lawrence

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:05 PM, Rey R <xe1dviw6@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,
    I was contact by Peter KI7JCW on a FT-857D that I have for sale, he asked me to send him a picture of the radio with his call sign W5ASL which is yours. I dindt realized this until I saw his email addres was ki7jcw@gmail.com.
    Here are the mails and I have attached the pic I sent him with my call sign also, date and place.
    I hope this person didnt scam you, do a search on goggle with his call sign, seams like he has done it before.

XE1DVI, 2 minutes ago Edit Delete Report
    #2 Reply
    [​IMG]
    XE1DVI Ham Member QRZ Page
    New
    This guy is trying to scam you, He asked my to send him a pic of my radio with "his" call sign on a piece of paper.
    He goes by Peter KI7JCW
    Here his emails:
    Send me a photo of the radio with my callsign W5ASL written in a piece of paper close to it . I'll send payment once I get that .
    Thanks,

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 at 5:55 PM Rey R <xe1dvi@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Yes Paypal is fine, Paypal accont is xe1dviw6@yahoo.com
    Greetings / Saludos

Rey.XE1DVI / W6DVI

626-255-0974 Cell
    213-747-5800 Work

On Saturday, January 13, 2018, 3:04:35 AM PST, Peter H Quach <ki7jcw@gmail.com> wrote:
    I'll take it . PayPal Ok

Then contacted W5ASL to give him heads up.
    Here the mails:

I appreciate your letting me know of this. I will be aware of things like that in the future. Al

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:17 PM, Rey <xe1dviw6@yahoo.com> wrote:

Maybe he was trying to post it as if you were selling the radio, who knows.
    Sent from the Helix Nebula with an iPhone7

On Jan 14, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Al Lawrence <asl36@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Thank you for the warning. I have no knowledge of what is going on there with a person using my call sign. I will not do business with him. Al Lawrence

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:05 PM, Rey R <xe1dviw6@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,
    I was contact by Peter KI7JCW on a FT-857D that I have for sale, he asked me to send him a picture of the radio with his call sign W5ASL which is yours. I dindt realized this until I saw his email addres was ki7jcw@gmail.com.
    Here are the mails and I have attached the pic I sent him with my call sign also, date and place.
    I hope this person didnt scam you, do a search on goggle with his call sign, seams like he has done it before.

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Goto:

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/abuse

Follow the instructions and fillout the form to report this scumbag NOW!

This has been going on for too long now.

I can't report because I have not received an email from them. People who have can. DO IT!

XE1DVI likes this.
  3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you report the scammers email address to google?

XE1DVI likes this.
  4. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, and likely within the end of the day the picture you sent would be on a new ad scamming anyone he could.

XE1DVI and AJ4GQ like this.
  5. KD9JRR

KD9JRR Ham Member QRZ Page

Well Well, I listed I was looking for a VX-6 and he emailed me that he had one, so asked for a picture with his call sign next to the radio and that was the last I heard from him, I am guessing you are right!!!