KI6NKZ - Thief and using QTH to Sell

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N9CM, Aug 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9CM

N9CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Must be getting around...

2. AG6QR

AG6QR Subscriber QRZ Page

Why would you trust the APRS position?

Sure, most APRS reports are accurate, but the accuracy is only as good as the information fed into the system. Any ham who has looked into how APRS works could easily spoof position reports from anywhere on the globe. Or they could spoof reports with a fake callsign, using real or fake locations.

I don't think that happens often, but when we're already talking about a scam...

I'll further point out that many scams turn out to be perpetrated by people who use a callsign that belongs to someone else. Often the actual holder of the call sign is an innocent victim whose reputation is tarnished through no fault of his own.

KU4X and N6QIC like this.
  3. N9CM

N9CM Ham Member QRZ Page

ISP came Kuna, ID. Associated individuals with this scum live in Boise and around. APRS showed him in Kuna late last month. Payment is to Kuna, ID. Ripped off, end result. Email address the same used some time ago buying and selling, same as QRZ, same as the recent QTH, posting, and IP is Kuna.

4. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

Chris ... you are not law enforcement. Do not go chasing around a criminal and tell people about it publicly. I don't care how big you are or if you think you're a tough guy, but tracking a criminal and publicly stating you are doing such is just looking for a hurtin'. I'm from New York, we know what clandestine means.

You're best letting the pro's handle this, or you're just gonna get hurt, especially if you go driving by where this dirt may be. Consider this, criminals are paranoid for a reason, and they're criminals who don't care about consequence. They'll off you faster than you can spit.

AC0OB, KU4X, N6QIC and 2 others like this.
  5. N5SMO

N5SMO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone can spoof APRS easily. If he is reading this thread, he is likely doing that.

N6QIC and KD5RJZ like this.
  6. KD5RJZ

KD5RJZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Out here in 5 land we are a little better protected from the bad guys and a little less dependent on the "professionals".

AD5HR and KA2FIR like this.
  7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not a betting person, but if I was to bet I would bet everything, that it is not the real KI6NKZ that ripped you off.

The real KI6NKZ probably has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with you getting ripped off. The people ripping you off are professionals, they are not ham radio operators.

I have seen your posts here and on QTH about this, If you are wrong your post have left you wide open for a slander law suite from the real KI6NKZ. How would you explain your actions to a judge if you are sued for slander.

If someone uses your call sign or information to scam someone else, will it then be your fault? Should they slander you online with no solid proof that it was really you. People are ripped off selling and buying online every day, you are not the first and wont be the last.

Good Luck,

8. N9CM

N9CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can always update. However, I prefer not to let others get scammed. I am not too proud I had mis-info to work with but:

ISP was from Kuna
    Gmail is still as it was 3-5 years ago.
    Phone Number I was provided was in ID
    Address provided was in Kuna.

So, if he steps in to clear himself, I can do likewise.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    KP4SX likes this.
  9. AE7XG

AE7XG Ham Member QRZ Page

HEY Wait A min. I live in Kuna Idaho. We hams are few here. Can I Help?

10. AE7XG

AE7XG Ham Member QRZ Page

The Police here in Kuna Won't take sh_t from anybody. If some one in Kuna is scamming you they will take care of them . Call them. Please.