ad: HamFM-1

KI6NKZ - Thief and using QTH to Sell

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W0XX, Aug 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Got ripped off by this loser. Took money and never shipped anything and like other losers, no response to emails or phone messages. Uses a PO box as a drop box for fraud sales, works with a girl Kimberly, has a bogus Phone Number on QTH. Too long of an email string of lies to post here, but be advised, DO NOT SELL OR BUY ANYTHING from this lower. Kuna ID law enforcement made aware of him, USPS with his mail fraud, and other forms of fraud. AVOID Period. If he decides to turn around, will re-post but not holding my breath....

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you ever confirm the seller is actually "him?"

3. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, operates there via APRS as of July 2018.

4. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

IP Address is from there, previous posts used same gmail address as posted on QRZ, so I can only go on what I have...

5. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

His two former Phone Numbers from 728 El Paso Ave, 530-824-8429 and 916-824-2704 are disconnected. He is in Kuna, ID now.

Drive a beat up brown GMC (older model) Pick up.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM
  6. W2WDX

W2WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

@W0XX The real question is Chris, how did you pay him? In this day and age what payment method did you use where you couldn't get your money back after not receiving the item(s)? There is a certain amount of personal responsibility one must assume when making a purchase; the warnings of what not do and the safe alternatives are published ... well ... everywhere.

Again folks, there are many safe methods for making transactions to protect yourself and your money. And those guidelines are detailed on most websites, including this one. And these payment methods do not require you even having to know the person or whether or not they are legitimate. Heed the warnings, use secure guaranteed payment methods and protect yourself.

However, thanks for the warning Chris, and I hope you can resolve this.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 5:45 PM
    K9ASE and KP4SX like this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup!

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If he actually used a United States Post Office Federal "PO Box" (not a UPS store etc.), that's a federal crime.

Call your local FBI and start a dialog. I would start there - but only if it's a USPS POST OFFICE BOX.

Dave
    W7UUU

9. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am working all that, on line fraud, internet fraud, postal fraud, bank fraud...

He did use a PO Box at the post office, his APRS data shows him in/around Kuna Idaho, previous phone numbers in Corning, CA, disconnected at the rat hole he lived in, he is associated with a Bill and Kim Whisman in ID, and some others, all of which I am providing teh sheriff and USPS with. Also filed fraud with the bank. May take a gazillion years, but it will catch up. Sad that QTH won't or hasn't taken down his bait ad either.

10. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Now he is east of The Hague...
    upload_2018-8-10_13-30-44.png

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ